50th Anniverary Limited Edition of Rolling Stones' "Beggars Banquet" SACD Announced

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Description
The Rolling Stones "Beggars Banquet" 50th anniversary edition is a Japanese original edition with 7 inch cardboard sleeve, 2 SACD hybrid discs, and a sonosheet. SACD hybrid disc 1 features the album newly remastered by Bob Ludwig. Disc 2 features "Sympathy For The Devil" in mono ver. and rare sonosheet which is faithfully replicated based on the sonosheet originally included with its Japanese LP, named ""Hello! Mick Jagger desu" 1968 Nen 4 Gatsu 17 Nichi London - Tokyo." It includes an interview with Mick by King Records through a telephone. Features the "toilet cover" (gatefold / etching processing). Slipcase packaging.

Tracklisting
DISC 1
Sympathy For The Devil
悪魔を憐れむ歌
No Expectations
ノー・エクスペクテーションズ
Dear Doctor
ディア・ドクター
Parachute Woman
パラシュート・ウーマン
Jigsaw Puzzle
ジグソー・パズル
Street Fighting Man
ストリート・ファイティング・マン
Prodigal Son
放蕩むすこ
Stray Cat Blues
ストレイ・キャット・ブルース
Factory Girl
ファクトリー・ガール
Salt Of The Earth
地の塩
DISC 2
Sympathy For The Devil (mono)
悪魔を憐れむ歌 (モノラル・ヴァージョン)
Hello! Mick Jagger Desu April 17, 1968 London - Tokyo
ハロー! ミック・ジャガーです 1968年4月17日 ロンドン - 東京
DISC 3
[SonoSheet] Hello! Mick Jagger Desu April 17, 1968 London - Tokyo
[ソノシート] "ハロー! ミック・ジャガーです" 1968年4月17日 ロンドン - 東京

Ordered. Thanks Soundboy! Will match the 7" packaged Lenticular covered "Their Satanic Majesties Request."

BeggarsBanquet_UKcolorproof.jpg

914ae270a210fa18ad3c3f26d22d6721.jpg

Last edited:
all the trouble of adding in the mono mix of sympathy for the devil...because a fold down didnt work when they were compiling the mono lp...but they could have at least put on the single mono mix of "street fighting man" and the true stereo mix of" Prodigal Son" (since it's mono on the stereo lp)

CDJapan has a new 7" cardboard mini LP 3 disc The Rolling Stones Beggars Banquet SACD stereo remastered by Bob Ludwig. Probably very similar to There Satanic Majesties Request. There are already 2 SACD's from Beggars Banquet, a hybrid SACD and a single layer SACD. Out Nov 16th.
CDJapan Link to Beggars Banquet

I already ordered it. I admire and respect Bob Ludwig's remastering prowess.

BTW, Markie, do you have Their Satanic Majesties Request, also recently released in that 7" packaging with that lenticular 3D cover? Sounds awesome! http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UIGY-9707?s_ssid=e336a75bdb9051f6f

Also today my Beggars Banquet SACD arrived today from CDJapan. The 7" packaging is much nicer than all the others, I own them all as it has a cardboard slip case before you open the discs up. Also two discs, one stereo and one Mono. I very important album to me from my youth.
This is not a Japanese only release but does have the Japanese writing on a loose outside paper, OBI strip and booklet.
Ralph, I have had the Satanic since it's release and Satanic depending on my mood could be my favorite Stones album.
UICY-15792.jpg

Also today my Beggars Banquet SACD arrived today from CDJapan. The 7" packaging is much nicer than all the others, I own them all as it has a cardboard slip case before you open the discs up. Also two discs, one stereo and one Mono. I very important album to me from my youth.
This is not a Japanese only release but does have the Japanese writing on a loose outside paper, OBI strip and booklet.
Ralph, I have had the Satanic since it's release and Satanic depending on my mood could be my favorite Stones album.
View attachment 36698
Mine's en route from CDJapan on a slow, slow boat to New York. Am looking forward to this. And likewise, I love Their Satanic Majesties Request [and the Japanese SACD sounds AMAZING].

Back