50th Tea For The Tillerman

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it could (should) have a BD Dolby TrueHD 7.1 soundtrack, but I wouldn't bet on it :(
Of course I'll certainly give it a try if it is :)

Also,
https://www.billboard.com/articles/...eimagining-tea-for-tillerman-50th-anniversary
Just in case, a nice LP rip is in my cue for a Penteo 5.1 UP-mix :51QQ
I just visited Cat Steven's website & had a fascinating time digging around. There is alot of great info, esp dispelling false rumors & assumptions about his conversion, great pic gallery & more info on T4TT². Looks like it will only be released on streaming and of those services listed I'm not sure which would be the highest quality.

I just visited Cat Steven's website & had a fascinating time digging around. There is alot of great info, esp dispelling false rumors & assumptions about his conversion, great pic gallery & more info on T4TT². Looks like it will only be released on streaming and of those services listed I'm not sure which would be the highest quality.

Definitely disappointing. These are my two favorite of his vintage albums. Much as I’d like those books, lack of surround at that price point... welp.

Still, I’m glad for all the demos and live stuff. iTunes has both Super Deluxe albums for preorder ($25 and $30). I’ll cherry pick a few favorite songs. If I like the new mixes enough maybe I’ll “complete my album” if these don’t show up lossless hi-res elsewhere.

ONLY wish at the very least that Universal would release both Mona Bone Jakon and TFTT on one BD~A disc in LOSSLESS Stereo as the yeoman's work has already been done. The prices for the box sets are astronomical and with all those LPs and B sides/outtakes, a single BD~A would sell like proverbial HOTCAKES!

Another one (or two) of those classic albums I grew up with, loved, played to death, then over time got burned out on and only played when feeling nostalgic every couple of years. Great tunes, great performances, but I have to be honest. Even if it had a surround mix, after the initial joy of hearing it that way wore off, it'd be back on the shelf with all of the rest of those albums in the same boat. Really, I rarely play Abbey Rd, Sgt Pepper, Harvest, you know, that kind of stuff that us old guys cherish.

For $50 it might be fun, for $100 it would be a stretch, but for $200 for no surround, and with stuff I'd probably play once then have it join all of the other expensive scarves and marbles on the shelf of honor, I'd rather listen to something that I am not that burned out on, like maybe the Santana SACDs, or Tears of Fears, or perish the thought - something NEW!!??

CAN WE GET SOMETHING "NEW" IN SURROUND??

Another one (or two) of those classic albums I grew up with, loved, played to death, then over time got burned out on and only played when feeling nostalgic every couple of years. Great tunes, great performances, but I have to be honest. Even if it had a surround mix, after the initial joy of hearing it that way wore off, it'd be back on the shelf with all of the rest of those albums in the same boat. Really, I rarely play Abbey Rd, Sgt Pepper, Harvest, you know, that kind of stuff that us old guys cherish.

For $50 it might be fun, for $100 it would be a stretch, but for $200 for no surround, and with stuff I'd probably play once then have it join all of the other expensive scarves and marbles on the shelf of honor, I'd rather listen to something that I am not that burned out on, like maybe the Santana SACDs, or Tears of Fears, or perish the thought - something NEW!!??

CAN WE GET SOMETHING "NEW" IN SURROUND??
I am loving the Pineapple Theif new surround album Versions Of the Truth . Highly recommend

Back