6 channel switcher

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked up he Site and saw that
The one that you se has
SCART plugs at the back
The model that I have is
240C
It has 6 RCA plugs that you can use for for audio no SCART
And it works
Ron

Am I missing something? I can't find a switcher with this link. :confused:

As near as I can tell, all the A/V switching products on that website are stereo. I see no multichannel switching devices.

Cai Campbell said:
As near as I can tell, all the A/V switching products on that website are stereo. I see no multichannel switching devices.
It is a A/V switcher
I used The RCA plugs
for audio
The Red /green/blue video
the Yellow/video/red White all as Audio
they work no worries
ron

I bought one from Harvey Norman and they verified that I could you all the RCA inputs and outputs as audio only but when I tried it at home the volume I got from the non-audio throughputs was way down. as I have no way of varying the relative volume from either the DVD player or the amplifier the unit does not seem to be able to do what what was promised. Did you notice any volme differences between the different the inputs/outputs (video/audio/component video)

If anyone has this unit please advise me.

rustyandi said:
It is a A/V switcher
I used The RCA plugs
for audio
The Red /green/blue video
the Yellow/video/red White all as Audio
they work no worries
ron
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I got one of these and set it up as Ron describes, and the audio left/right (red/white) work fine, but the level or gain in any other plugs is so low that you can't hear whatever channels are running through them. How are you using it, Ron?
Marc

Sometimes you have to sleep on a problem to see the obvious! If the 2 audio lines are higher level than the 4 video lines, DON'T USE THE AUDIO LINES! D'OH. So using just the 4 video lines works great and sounds great. The only fly is that my MArantz CD-400B doesn't put out enough gain to work in this fashion, so CD-4 has to take a different course. Interestingly, my QSD-2 puts out plenty of gain, and the Cr-80D-SS Akai does great, as does my Pioneer SACD/DVD player. It is a really cute unit, allowing you t olabel each input in LEDs up to 5 digets, like QSD-2 or SACD. All in all, really great for $90 at Best Buy!
Thanks Ron!
Marc

That would work if you only want to deal with 4 channels - I need all 6 running
:mad:

Yeah, I thought about that. If its the sub, you may have a level control? If its a center channel front, then it won't work. But as Cai observed, you already know that.
Marc

:rolleyes: As a postscript I went back to Harvey Norman and got a refund - back to the Y connectors option. :rolleyes:

From a personal standpoint, I would never rely on an audio-switching opiton where "video" connections were involved. However, I could not voice such an opinion beyond "gut feeling" since my grasp of the technolgies involved is, at best, very limited.

I was hoping this would play out to be a viable MC switching option, but alas...

:(

I had my doubts as to the quality, but other than the lowered gain, the sound seems decent. I am using it for CD 4, Q8, and QS, so the highest level of fidelity isn't really required. On the other hand, it is really convenint and the Y adapters have real problems too, such as impedence issues and you can only have one unit powered up at a time. Anyway, I got lucky with this one, and I am satisfied for 4.0 use.
Marc

Marcsten said:
Sometimes you have to sleep on a problem to see the obvious! If the 2 audio lines are higher level than the 4 video lines, DON'T USE THE AUDIO LINES! D'OH. So using just the 4 video lines works great and sounds great. The only fly is that my MArantz CD-400B doesn't put out enough gain to work in this fashion, so CD-4 has to take a different course. Interestingly, my QSD-2 puts out plenty of gain, and the Cr-80D-SS Akai does great, as does my Pioneer SACD/DVD player. It is a really cute unit, allowing you t olabel each input in LEDs up to 5 digets, like QSD-2 or SACD. All in all, really great for $90 at Best Buy!
Thanks Ron!
Marc
You could use the SVHS plug as audio by buying a plug that
turns it to a RCA input and the yellow plug also
Will give you 5 channels and use 1 audio RCA for Sub Channel
YOU MAY HAVE TO TURN IT DOWN
So that means that you use
Blue /red/green FRONT
SVHS/Yellow REAR
Audio Red Sub
The unit works well for me I think it is becouse I plug it into
A decoder 6 Channel input and it has Volume control
Ron

OK, so failing this option what have others used if running two devices that both need the 5.1 inputs - other than buying a new AVR or amp that has two sets of inputs?

Cheers

Martin

IDJIT DRAGON said:
OK, so failing this option what have others used if running two devices that both need the 5.1 inputs - other than buying a new AVR or amp that has two sets of inputs?

Cheers

Martin
Simple.
Do what we always used to do in a Live Gig environment when a multitrack recording was to be done at the gig.
Make a set of Y-split leads up.
Then, you feed the single end into the AV amp, and one from each of the other ends goes to each of the players.
Just don't have both players switched on & powered up at the same time, or you could overload the amps input stage.

Even better - if it would work - would be to flip the polarity on one side of the Y, so that if Player 1 has the red line as hot, make player 2 have the black line as hot.
It shouldn't matter at all once it hits the amp, but if by mistake you have both running at the same time, the signals will mostly cancel each other out due to the polarity inversion.
I think.
Does anyone know if this would work, or am I getting it hopelessly wrong? (The polarity thing, that is. I know the Y-split lead thing will work)

Back