SPOTLIGHT 6 Vocalion Surround SACD Releases - Argent, Blood, Sweat & Tears, BW Stevenson, Guess Who, Buddy Miles & Santana, Don Sebesky (Dec 2019)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't have my package.
I received an email with the tracking number from Dutton stating package was delivered to my mail box today. This was from the US post office. No such thing happened.
I spent 45 minutes trying to navigate the us post office site and send an email. Not possible.
No option for when you want to report their reported delivery is wrong.

My birthday has come and gone and I didn't get the 6 sacd order I placed before Christmas.

I dont want to dump all over this company but Im very frustrated here.

I received an email with the tracking number from Dutton stating package was delivered to my mail box today. This was from the US post office. No such thing happened.
I spent 45 minutes trying to navigate the us post office site and send an email. Not possible.

My birthday has come and gone and I didn't get the 6 sacd order I placed before Christmas.

It isn't Duttons fault, more the Post Offices' fault - do you have a cluster box or walk up to house drop? Sometimes they scan incorrectly.........might have been to some other hole in your cluster box

Call your local post office carrier facility - ask for a supervisor or manager. Also see if you can talk to your carrier if you are able to catch him or her while they are doing their route.

I suggest you make a visit to your local post office to have them look into the matter. They can at least check in with your letter carrier.

Ordered a few of the new discs fwiw.

On another note.......(perhaps someones already mentioned this before ?)

Is there any reason why DV can't utilize the " QUADRADISC emblem " on their covers ?
Also CBS/Columbia 's Quadraphonic emblem as well, surely those patents would be long expired.

Oddly enough, I mentioned to Michael yesterday that I had yet to receive my December order of discs. Then today, my January discs arrived!!! :)

Again, I am confident that the issue is with the USPS and NOT D-V. There must have been a hold up in customs or international deliveries over Christmas. D-V has offered to reship, but I will continue to wait for now. It's not fair that they should have to double ship if the USPS screws up.

Ok

Thanks everyone for the suggestions

I had time between work today to visit my post office and speak with the manager. He checked their computer with the scan code.
He cannot explain the entries which also state the carrier went back picked up my package and took it back to the post office??!!
He also says the normal carrier covered the route so he should know it.

However he states their system shows it is out for delivery today.
Hopefully it does arrive today...
I emailed Simon at DV to let him know and also asked about priority mail with them.

I think it is a cluster F**k of an unusually delayed holiday mailing added to US post office fun and games.....

I am going to have to move to priority mail if DV can assure me it is more reliable and they can verify where the package goes.
So I may have lit into them a little too hard but Ive been waiting a long time.......

• Sad
Reactions: GOS
Ok

Thanks everyone for the suggestions

I had time between work today to visit my post office and speak with the manager. He checked their computer with the scan code.
He cannot explain the entries which also state the carrier went back picked up my package and took it back to the post office??!!
He also says the normal carrier covered the route so he should know it.

However he states their system shows it is out for delivery today.
Hopefully it does arrive today...
I emailed Simon at DV to let him know and also asked about priority mail with them.

I think it is a cluster F**k of an unusually delayed holiday mailing added to US post office fun and games.....

I am going to have to move to priority mail if DV can assure me it is more reliable and they can verify where the package goes.
So I may have lit into them a little too hard but Ive been waiting a long time.......

I have found that the UK Royal mail is very honest & reliable.
There have been several documented cases recently where US mail employees have either abandoned or flat out stolen packages.

So, for those that own The Guess Who - Wheatfield Soul/Canned Heat....

On the song, No Time. I am so used to hearing the opening lyric "No Time, etc" at the 20 second mark. Meaning, hearing it very pronounced. On the Quad, it's so distant, I can barely hear it.

Is that the way the Quad sounds???

So, for those that own The Guess Who - Wheatfield Soul/Canned Heat....

On the song, No Time. I am so used to hearing the opening lyric "No Time, etc" at the 20 second mark. Meaning, hearing it very pronounced. On the Quad, it's so distant, I can barely hear it.

Is that the way the Quad sounds???
OK, I Just played the Audio Fidelity Quad version, and those same vocals are pronounced, seemingly in left front. Why so different???

The version you're thinking of is on the American Woman/Share the Land 2-fer. The song was originally recorded for Canned Wheat, but the band and producer were both unsatisfied with the result so they re-recorded it for American Woman. It turns out they were right that the song's full potential hadn't been realized, because the re-recorded version went to #1 in the Canadian Charts and #5 in the US charts.

The version you're thinking of is on the American Woman/Share the Land 2-fer. The song was originally recorded for Canned Wheat, but the band and producer were both unsatisfied with the result so they re-recorded it for American Woman. It turns out they were right that the song's full potential hadn't been realized, because the re-recorded version went to #1 in the Canadian Charts and #5 in the US charts.

Yes, that too. So, what I'm hearing on the Canned Wheat version is right. I was wondering if I somehow had something set wrong.

Good news the discs arrived today and looks like no broken cases.
I have sent an email to Simon at orders to let him know and apologize realizing the later delay is the fault here.
Priority shipping may be the way to go.....if it better guarantees knowing where the package is.

Good news the discs arrived today and looks like no broken cases.
I have sent an email to Simon at orders to let him know and apologize realizing the later delay is the fault here.
Priority shipping may be the way to go.....if it better guarantees knowing where the package is.
Priority may be the better way to go especially if ordering “blobs” of discs. Hey, DV is now releasing them in blobs after all. Anyway, my last “blob“ is back home while I’m “here” looking forward to delving into them.

Back