SPOTLIGHT 6 Vocalion Surround SACD Releases - Argent, Blood, Sweat & Tears, BW Stevenson, Guess Who, Buddy Miles & Santana, Don Sebesky (Dec 2019)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- i say i say i say! this bear has no nose! 🐽

- how does he smell? 🤔

- terrible!! 🤣

Boogie, Woogie, Bugle Bear🎺

See the source image
🎺

has anybody noticed the lack of info update at the head of DV's website? its still a trawl through resulting in some Classical music 🤔
or the lack of announcement on DV's Facebook? 🧐
hmm.. now i wonder if there is more to come.. but the elves have been slacking after one too many mince pies, the cheeky wee scamps!! 🍻
I had to custom search based on date released in the SACD category. I have to get Booger Bear because, well it does say Booger! It reminds me when Johnny Fever gets hired at WKRP and says "and remember folks, BOOGER!" I miss that TV show in its original unedited form.

My Maria's the rare tape with the hit, Calabasas is the common one with no hit! 🤷‍♀️
and yet.. i really enjoyed the Calabasas Quad! its terrific but soooo overlooked! 🧐
looking forward to hearing it free from its CD-4 vinyl chains 🥰
i suspect our man Q-Eight will be happy! he has remarked about the B W Stevenson Quads on here in posts gone by! roll on Christmas!! 🥳

I was gonna pass on yacht-rock and progressive-country forefather B. W. Stevenson (I remember the radio hits, but that's about all)--until I saw that Jim Gordon and Larry Carlton were among the studio musicians on both albums, and that Carlton did a fair number of the arrangements. Where's @steelydave with a custom QQ teaser? I wanna know more!

As for the Buddy Miles: no opinion on Booger Bear, except that it's got a fabulously discrete mix (which I only know from an equally fabulous @ArmyOfQuad conversion). But I'm super excited about the live album with Santana, if only for sentimental reasons. That was part of the initial shipment of cassettes that my brother got from the Columbia House Tape Club--along with Close to the Edge, Birds of Fire, The Best of the James Gang...and I wish I could remember what-all else. Apart from the hits ("Evil Ways," "Them Changes") and the long jams, I remember loving the crowd noise!

Last edited:
has anybody noticed the lack of info update at the head of DV's website? its still a trawl through resulting in some Classical music 🤔
or the lack of announcement on DV's Facebook? 🧐
hmm.. now i wonder if there is more to come.. but the elves have been slacking after one too many mince pies, the cheeky wee scamps!! 🍻

Interesting that the catalog numbers for the three that dropped this morning are CDSML8560, 65, and 70.
  • CDSML8561 was MFSB
  • 62: Rockin/Best of II
  • 63: Paul Revere & the Raiders
  • 64: American Woman/Share the Land
66-69 are still unaccounted for. What could they be...?

Interesting titles. Again

Not surprised at more Guess Who, 2 of the 3 existing titles have gone to repress so they must be their biggest selling quad artist.
Never heard of the Buddy Bear disc, I know the live one with Carlos. I see it’s a 2 disc set.
Only know the one BW Stevenson song and it’s a good one. Lack of familiarity won’t stop me from buying it.

Interesting that the catalog numbers for the three that dropped this morning are CDSML8560, 65, and 70.
  • CDSML8561 was MFSB
  • 62: Rockin/Best of II
  • 63: Paul Revere & the Raiders
  • 64: American Woman/Share the Land
66-69 are still unaccounted for. What could they be...?

now that is verrrrrrrrryyyy interestingggg.... 🤔
i'm gonna go catalog number wabbit huntin' and see if there's any gaps prior to xxx8560.. 🧐
(it won't tell me anything but it'll keep me off the mulled wine! 🍷 🤪

Back