SPOTLIGHT 6 Vocalion Surround SACD Releases - Argent, Blood, Sweat & Tears, BW Stevenson, Guess Who, Buddy Miles & Santana, Don Sebesky (Dec 2019)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd recommend it.
My latest Vocalion order arrived today, 12 days after order via Priority with tracking.
I just got mine in 10 days without priority or tracking.

I think there are many factors that affect the speed of shipping. I’m not sure going “priority” is necessarily one of them. Although being able to follow the tracking could come in handy if things go really bad.

ATTN: anyone who ordered this batch of discs (and/or others) between roughly 16th-20th of December using economy/untracked shipping.

I've been speaking to Simon in D-V's shipping department, and he says that even though the packages are untracked for end users, their shipping carrier does provide a scan that proves they all departed the UK between 23-30th December and that "I suspect customs/USPS for not handling all packages received just before or after New Year due to the short staff. Then it might happen that they’ve been pushed back to create a space for incoming mail and didn’t get processed within normal time. If I’ll know where suffering folks live I can come to a conclusion. We shipped an awful amount of parcels pre-Christmas and only some stating non-arrival."

What Simon asked me to do with this post is ask two things:

1) If you made an order between 16-20 December using economy/untracked shipping and did receive your package, please just post publicly in this thread and confirm that you did.

2) If you made an order between 16-20 December using economy/untracked shipping and didn't receive your package yet, please send me a private message and let me know what City/State you're located in, and what day you ordered (if you know) so I can pass the info on to Simon.

D-V are trying to work out if the missing packages are confined to a specific geographical area/sorting office etc. so they can remedy the problem, if there is one. Simon assures me that if the original shipments don't show up that replacement discs will be sent to anyone affected.

ATTN: anyone who ordered this batch of discs (and/or others) between roughly 16th-20th of December using economy/untracked shipping.

I've been speaking to Simon in D-V's shipping department, and he says that even though the packages are untracked for end users, their shipping carrier does provide a scan that proves they all departed the UK between 23-30th December and that "I suspect customs/USPS for not handling all packages received just before or after New Year due to the short staff. Then it might happen that they’ve been pushed back to create a space for incoming mail and didn’t get processed within normal time. If I’ll know where suffering folks live I can come to a conclusion. We shipped an awful amount of parcels pre-Christmas and only some stating non-arrival."

1) If you made an order between 16-20 December using economy/untracked shipping and did receive your package, please just post publicly in this thread and confirm that you did.

2) If you made an order between 16-20 December using economy/untracked shipping and didn't receive your package yet, please send me a private message and let me know what City/State you're located in, and what day you ordered (if you know) so I can pass the info on to Simon.

D-V are trying to work out if the missing packages are confined to a specific geographical area/sorting office etc. so they can remedy the problem, if there is one. Simon assures me that if the original shipments don't show up that replacement discs will be sent to anyone affected.
A business that looks after its customers. (y)

Wow! Thanks for all your legwork! I ordered 7 discs from D-V on 17 and 18 December; Simon combined the orders, and they arrived 30 December. I got lucky, I guess . . . and spoiled--I have yet to receive my 10 January order, and I'm impatient after a mere 2 weeks! Thanks again for all you do @steelydave and mad love to D-V! Peace

Wow! Thanks for all your legwork! I ordered 7 discs from D-V on 17 and 18 December; Simon combined the orders, and they arrived 30 December. I got lucky, I guess . . . and spoiled--I have yet to receive my 10 January order, and I'm impatient after a mere 2 weeks! Thanks again for all you do @steelydave and mad love to D-V! Peace

And, yours were untracked/economy? I went back to my order because I thought I did the economy, no tracking...but in fact, I did economy with tracking. And, mine did show up. :)

Thanks Steelydave,

Mine was ordered and shipped on 12/27/2019 untracked/economy , still have not received.

Order ID Date
56449 12/27/2019 Order Shipped

Don Sebesky - Giant Box [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
The Guess Who - Wheatfield Soul & Canned Wheat [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Argent - In Deep & Nexus & Ring of Hands [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel / Stereo]
Blood, Sweat & Tears - Mirror Image & New City [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
B W Stevenson - My Maria & Calabasas [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Buddy Miles & Carlos Santana - Buddy Miles: Booger Bear & Carlos Santana and Buddy Miles: Live! [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Thanks Steelydave,

Mine was ordered and shipped on 12/27/2019 untracked/economy , still have not received.

Order ID Date
56449 12/27/2019 Order Shipped

Don Sebesky - Giant Box [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
The Guess Who - Wheatfield Soul & Canned Wheat [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Argent - In Deep & Nexus & Ring of Hands [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel / Stereo]
Blood, Sweat & Tears - Mirror Image & New City [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
B W Stevenson - My Maria & Calabasas [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Buddy Miles & Carlos Santana - Buddy Miles: Booger Bear & Carlos Santana and Buddy Miles: Live! [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Make sure to PM Steely, that's what he wanted. He may not see the thread, or more likely would miss one.

I ordered 6 titles on 12-21-19, was emailed a 'shipped', confirmation on 12-23-19.
Received package 1-6-20, shipment via economy/ untracked to Midwest of USA.
Hope all who have an order out there will receive it soon.

It's very frustrating waiting and sounding like tracking or priority is not making much difference
Mine finally came and Simon has my emails with info
The good thing is very few of their shipments were truly lost from the posts here through the years and they look after their customers
Perhaps they could partner with a private delivery company in the USA instead of the post office?

Since my discs finally arrived I had a chance to listen to two of them
B W Stevenson. Excellent sound quality. I liked most of the first album but started losing interest on the second. Not my normal music although I like country rock like Poco and Pure Prairie League. This will probably grow on me.
Guess Who Canned Wheat and Wheatfield Soul. Enjoyed the more psychedelic songs and the sitar drum jam on second album. Great stuff although I find their hit singles are head and shoulders better than some of the other songs and the talking fake accent pastiches like on the Paul Revere two for are dated and become annoying rather quickly.

I am hoping to get to Argent next . Then Booger Bear when no one can see me with it......couldn't DV have changed the title or at least put it in smaller print?

Im grateful for all these DV releases... I use these to fill out my SSD filled with songs that I love that have good fidelity and surround activity. I rip the SACDs, see if there are any tracks I like, make channel/EQ adjustments to those tracks as needed, edit parts I don’t want (for example, I removed the talking parts from the Paul Revere tunes I liked), and what I end up with is an SSD (2Tb) filled with great demo quality surround tracks. As long as I can find at least 1 great track on a DV release, I’m happy 😊
I also keep the unaltered original rips on 3 different 8Tb hard drives in triplicate for safety

Im grateful for all these DV releases... I use these to fill out my SSD filled with songs that I love that have good fidelity and surround activity. I rip the SACDs, see if there are any tracks I like, make channel/EQ adjustments to those tracks as needed, edit parts I don’t want (for example, I removed the talking parts from the Paul Revere tunes I liked), and what I end up with is an SSD (2Tb) filled with great demo quality surround tracks. As long as I can find at least 1 great track on a DV release, I’m happy 😊
I also keep the unaltered original rips on 3 different 8Tb hard drives in triplicate for safety
That's some wise counsel re: backing up on different hard drives as insurance against the inevitable hard drive failure. I am confused, however, by your profile pic Sean as you don't appear to be wearing both a belt AND suspenders!

Placed two orders(December 18th and January 10th) using economy and no tracking. Both orders received safe and sound to my home in Massachusetts.

And, yours were untracked/economy? I went back to my order because I thought I did the economy, no tracking...but in fact, I did economy with tracking. And, mine did show up. :)
Yup, untracked/economy--I'm a cheap son of a biscuit eater . . . except when I'm not. But I guess all I needed to do was post about it yesternight, cuz look what the postal carrier just dropped off:

IMG_2943.jpg

EWF case slightly damaged; O'Jays case trashed, but I'm so overjoyed they've arrived that, like the Buzzcocks, "I Don't Mind"! And peep the title of the book that also arrived for my humanities class!

Yup, untracked/economy--I'm a cheap son of a biscuit eater . . . except when I'm not. But I guess all I needed to do was post about it yesternight, cuz look what the postal carrier just dropped off:

View attachment 45561

EWF case slightly damaged; O'Jays case trashed, but I'm so overjoyed they've arrived that, like the Buzzcocks, "I Don't Mind"! And peep the title of the book that also arrived for my humanities class!

I see that you ordered an odd number of SACDs and a couple of your cases were damaged. You didn't follow GOS's Law!

Back