• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

SPOTLIGHT 6 Vocalion Surround SACD Releases - Argent, Blood, Sweat & Tears, BW Stevenson, Guess Who, Buddy Miles & Santana, Don Sebesky (Dec 2019)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I see that you ordered an odd number of SACDs and a couple of your cases were damaged. You didn't follow GOS's Law!
Well, here's the thing. Any time I have a cracked case (and I've had several), it's when I order an odd number. Ever since I started buying in even numbers...never a crack. I mean, it only makes sense with the shape of the packaging they use. (which, I actually like....when I order in 2's)

What would they do if you order 20? I assume that would arrive in a box of some sort.

esimms86

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Well, here's the thing. Any time I have a cracked case (and I've had several), it's when I order an odd number. Ever since I started buying in even numbers...never a crack. I mean, it only makes sense with the shape of the packaging they use. (which, I actually like....when I order in 2's)

What would they do if you order 20? I assume that would arrive in a box of some sort.
Come on Gene, who are you kidding? You would NEVER sit idly by through 3 or more DV release cycles, waiting until there were finally 20 SACDs on your DV wish list!

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

an order of 20..?!! 🤯 you're a crackpot...!! 🤣

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I see that you ordered an odd number of SACDs and a couple of your cases were damaged. You didn't follow GOS's Law!
I blame Helen Reddy. She's the fifth wheel. But with "Getaway" cranked up (and "Getaway" is exactly what my wife did when she saw me come up with my stack of D-V's and head to the blu-ray player!), I really couldn't care less about the cases.

1579983944378.png

Holy Cracked Case, this is the straight up--as the kids are wont to say--SHIZZIT! :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I blame Helen Reddy. She's the fifth wheel. But with "Getaway" cranked up (and "Getaway" is exactly what my wife did when she saw me come up with my stack of D-V's and head to the blu-ray player!), I really couldn't care less about the cases.

View attachment 45566

Holy Cracked Case, this is the straight up--as the kids are wont to say--SHIZZIT! :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

As the wife speeds off to Neiman Marcus on a marathon shopping spree ..... TIT for TAT!

ar surround

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter

The key is to always have a DV title waiting in the wings so that one can ensure an even number of discs in the shipment. But beware the “Buy now or repent later” factor.

jefe1

And here I am listening to another one of these discs
I'm listening to the Blood Sweat and Tears finished with Mirror Image the so called lesser of the two albums and find I really like the music when I was expecting to hate it....fidelity and mix fine.
Ride Captain Ride

These DV discs are a revelation.

I'm going to give Big Box another spin a little close to MOR but I really liked the first track fusion of Firebird with Birds of Fire

Philip Spinner

I was too busy to order anything from DV last year so I placed my order for the first batch of popular titles on Jan. 6th. and my second order on the 14th of Jan. I received the second batch yesterday but still waiting for the first batch from Jan. 6th. Seems the problem may be after New Years Day. BTW, two cases cracked in my order of 5 discs but minor so no big deal.

Wagonmaster_91

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
I sprung for the Argent and it arrived Friday. I hope to get to hear it tomorrow (Monday). "In Deep" is my favorite album by Argent - love Parts 1 & 2 of "It's Only Money" - and I'm happy to have the quad mix on SACD. "Thunder And Lightning" on Nexus is a great song, too.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
The key is to always have a DV title waiting in the wings so that one can ensure an even number of discs in the shipment. But beware the “Buy now or repent later” factor.

Well, perhaps the real key might be to have a supply of cd cases always on hand.
Me thinks that's the " Snood " solution. :)

Group builder