SPOTLIGHT 6 Vocalion Surround SACD Releases - Argent, Blood, Sweat & Tears, BW Stevenson, Guess Who, Buddy Miles & Santana, Don Sebesky (Dec 2019)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see that you ordered an odd number of SACDs and a couple of your cases were damaged. You didn't follow GOS's Law!

Well, here's the thing. Any time I have a cracked case (and I've had several), it's when I order an odd number. Ever since I started buying in even numbers...never a crack. I mean, it only makes sense with the shape of the packaging they use. (which, I actually like....when I order in 2's)

What would they do if you order 20? I assume that would arrive in a box of some sort.

Well, here's the thing. Any time I have a cracked case (and I've had several), it's when I order an odd number. Ever since I started buying in even numbers...never a crack. I mean, it only makes sense with the shape of the packaging they use. (which, I actually like....when I order in 2's)

What would they do if you order 20? I assume that would arrive in a box of some sort.
Come on Gene, who are you kidding? You would NEVER sit idly by through 3 or more DV release cycles, waiting until there were finally 20 SACDs on your DV wish list!

an order of 20..?!! 🤯 you're a crackpot...!! 🤣

I see that you ordered an odd number of SACDs and a couple of your cases were damaged. You didn't follow GOS's Law!
I blame Helen Reddy. She's the fifth wheel. But with "Getaway" cranked up (and "Getaway" is exactly what my wife did when she saw me come up with my stack of D-V's and head to the blu-ray player!), I really couldn't care less about the cases.

1579983944378.png

Holy Cracked Case, this is the straight up--as the kids are wont to say--SHIZZIT! :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

I blame Helen Reddy. She's the fifth wheel. But with "Getaway" cranked up (and "Getaway" is exactly what my wife did when she saw me come up with my stack of D-V's and head to the blu-ray player!), I really couldn't care less about the cases.

View attachment 45566

Holy Cracked Case, this is the straight up--as the kids are wont to say--SHIZZIT! :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

As the wife speeds off to Neiman Marcus on a marathon shopping spree ..... TIT for TAT!

The key is to always have a DV title waiting in the wings so that one can ensure an even number of discs in the shipment. But beware the “Buy now or repent later” factor.

And here I am listening to another one of these discs
I'm listening to the Blood Sweat and Tears finished with Mirror Image the so called lesser of the two albums and find I really like the music when I was expecting to hate it....fidelity and mix fine.
Ride Captain Ride

These DV discs are a revelation.

I'm going to give Big Box another spin a little close to MOR but I really liked the first track fusion of Firebird with Birds of Fire

I was too busy to order anything from DV last year so I placed my order for the first batch of popular titles on Jan. 6th. and my second order on the 14th of Jan. I received the second batch yesterday but still waiting for the first batch from Jan. 6th. Seems the problem may be after New Years Day. BTW, two cases cracked in my order of 5 discs but minor so no big deal.

I sprung for the Argent and it arrived Friday. I hope to get to hear it tomorrow (Monday). "In Deep" is my favorite album by Argent - love Parts 1 & 2 of "It's Only Money" - and I'm happy to have the quad mix on SACD. "Thunder And Lightning" on Nexus is a great song, too.

The key is to always have a DV title waiting in the wings so that one can ensure an even number of discs in the shipment. But beware the “Buy now or repent later” factor.

Well, perhaps the real key might be to have a supply of cd cases always on hand.
Me thinks that's the " Snood " solution. :)

Back