7 More Dutton Vocalion Releases in July 2019 - Guess Who, Paul Revere & Raiders, Charlie Rich

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered 7 DV Sacds today for $102.14 w/ no shipping costs. Place is located in Berlin, Germany . Had some trouble with my credit card being initially declined since it's an international transaction. ..Fraud & all....
Interestingly, their prices change constantly, day to day.... The stuff I'd left in my cart went down $2.78 from day before.
Thanks again Bill Mac for heads up here.

Hey! I just ordered a DV that is apparently out of print (the Citizen Kane Gerhardt) from an eBay dealer named "groovesland."

Wonder if that is the same shop -- for one, it's located in Germany (and I got to try out my rusty German, haha). I used PayPal, but I'm sure prices change from day to day due to the exchange rate fluctuations.

Shipped!

Just checked, and if, like me, you missed the Citizen Kane Gerhardt, groovesland has 6 left at a reasonable price (couldn't find this on Amazon or Discogs):

(oops, URL did not work: just search eBay for "Citizen Kane sacd")

Last edited:
Spy For Brotherhood is a catchy tune and would’ve probably been a Hit imho had Columbia not withdrawn the single for fear of a backlash from the authorities (the lyrics are a thinly veiled stab at the groups’ perception of black oppression by the establishment, etc) how many casual radio listeners or disco goers really paid that much attention to the lyrics at that time, i don’t know, i mean it’s hardly What’s Going On is it, it’s more a vamp than singer songwriter social commentary thing stylistically after all.. 🤔
Interesting given that the song American Woman, with all its obvious anti-US content, was not only released here but made the top of the charts.

Interesting given that the song American Woman, with all its obvious anti-US content, was not only released here but made the top of the charts.
“Anti-US content”? Isn’t it just about a chick?

If it’s deeper than that then I guess I’m guilty of just rocking out to it and not really paying attention.:D

Interesting story of how the song was written:

How the Guess Who Stumbled Into a No. 1 With 'American Woman'

It all started with a bootlegger, a broken guitar string and a curling arena in Ontario.

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 1.52.39 PM.png

It all started with a bootlegger, a broken guitar string and a curling arena in Ontario.

Yeah well, the same thing could be said about my conception but you never heard me bragging about it.
Nobody even thinks about mentioning the truckload of ewe's or the industrial tub of Vaseline, either.
Yes, I had an interesting upbringing.

Back