70's Quad Child

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuadKev

I was introduced to Quad by my father back in the 70's. I have all the hand me downs and have been collecting ever since. Have just about all the top quadraphonic hardware. Have over 200 Quadraphonic LP's still sealed. Have a bunch of Quadraphonic reels and Q8's. I ran some test remasters of some of the Q8's that I have put to reel using a modified reel-to-reel deck and a Fostex 24bit 96k 4 track recorder. Came out great! Now I'm recapping the capacitors of the old quad equipment before remastering. So I suppose I'm not so much a quad hardware guy. It's just the means to get 4 channel into the new age of surround.

I was introduced to Quad by my father back in the 70's. I have all the hand me downs and have been collecting ever since. Have just about all the top quadraphonic hardware. Have over 200 Quadraphonic LP's still sealed. Have a bunch of Quadraphonic reels and Q8's. I ran some test remasters of some of the Q8's that I have put to reel using a modified reel-to-reel deck and a Fostex 24bit 96k 4 track recorder. Came out great! Now I'm recapping the capacitors of the old quad equipment before remastering. So I suppose I'm not so much a quad hardware guy. It's just the means to get 4 channel into the new age of surround.
No time to waste QuadKev; with all those lovely "sealed" Quad LP's, best to release their magical powers and enjoy posthaste :smokin

I'm kinda curious as to what your quad equipment is . So do you have a good Q8 and Q4 Reel-Reel player .

Do you have both of the common matrices and CD-4 amongst your equipment ?

And yes , as Electric Moo asked it would be nice to see some pics of these classic quads. (Records and tapes)

Oh , and before I forget.... Welcome to QQ .

Back