70s Sansui amps and what kind of rca cables to use with them

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aifrecords

im reading stuff on net like" it is possible for connections with dissimiliar metals to oxidize and deteriorate more quickly than if the same metal were used." SO i want to upgrade my rca cables to ones rated in the top 10 that usually have gold plated rca plugs at the end ,and i may want to experiment with silver and some have silver plated rca plugs at the end. Now, i cant find info on net as to what these rca inputs on back of old sansui amps were made from, brass? so im wondering should u i buy gold or silver plated rca plugs and stick em into an old $700 vintage quad amp or would that f the amp up? or just use the cheap non gold plated rca plugs? (but then you dont get modern benefits of ofc oxygen free copper on the rca cable etc.) anyone know?

im reading stuff on net like" it is possible for connections with dissimiliar metals to oxidize and deteriorate more quickly than if the same metal were used." SO i want to upgrade my rca cables to ones rated in the top 10 that usually have gold plated rca plugs at the end ,and i may want to experiment with silver and some have silver plated rca plugs at the end. Now, i cant find info on net as to what these rca inputs on back of old sansui amps were made from, brass? so im wondering should u i buy gold or silver plated rca plugs and stick em into an old $700 vintage quad amp or would that f the amp up? or just use the cheap non gold plated rca plugs? (but then you dont get modern benefits of ofc oxygen free copper on the rca cable etc.) anyone know?
What you are saying /asking may be a bit true but I wouldn't worry about it. Use the best affordable cables you can, better cables won't f anything up. Ultra expensive cables are likely a waste of money though. The only time I heard a real difference with different cables was when I tried a set from the dollar store and the amp hummed. Cables with excessive capacitance can roll off the high end, and lack of shielding causes hum. I like gold plated plugs because they look nice and don't tarnish, but they don't sound any different. Jacks on vintage equipment are often nickel plated.

What you are saying /asking may be a bit true but I wouldn't worry about it. Use the best affordable cables you can, better cables won't f anything up. Ultra expensive cables are likely a waste of money though. The only time I heard a real difference with different cables was when I tried a set from the dollar store and the amp hummed. Cables with excessive capacitance can roll off the high end, and lack of shielding causes hum. I like gold plated plugs because they look nice and don't tarnish, but they don't sound any different. Jacks on vintage equipment are often nickel plated.
thank you

Back