Quantcast

8-D Audio

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Tornado Red

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Anyone have any experience listening to this? My daughter directed me an 8D Hans Zimmer song on YouTube and once there I found a bunch of stuff. The concept seems to be sound coming from 8 different locations, best listened to on headphones. I have decent headphones, and to be honest I'm not getting any type of front to rear, circular or orb type sound, just seems to be side to side. Interesting at first, then it seems to give me a 'sea sick' experience with the music sloshing back and forth. Anyway, strange experience.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Anyone have any experience listening to this? My daughter directed me an 8D Hans Zimmer song on YouTube and once there I found a bunch of stuff. The concept seems to be sound coming from 8 different locations, best listened to on headphones. I have decent headphones, and to be honest I'm not getting any type of front to rear, circular or orb type sound, just seems to be side to side. Interesting at first, then it seems to give me a 'sea sick' experience with the music sloshing back and forth. Anyway, strange experience.

Just through my computer speakers it sounds like a form of Q Sound! Catchy tune, though.

jdmack

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
In the early 1960s, there was a series of albums under the banner "Stereo Action." On these albums, instruments were panned left to right and back again for no apparent reason. 8D audio sounds just like this to me, even with headphones.