8-D Audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two of those albums, but only because I like the artist (Dick Schory). It appears to be a motor driven set of three panpots.

One of those was a Christmas album. I was playing it when my brother walked in. He heard the musical parts going back and forth (this was before quad) and said, "What is this - Jiggle Bells?"

After reading that article, I'm convinced, more than ever, that there is a sucker born every minute. I can do the same thing for any song with my balance control. Complete nonsense.
These are probably children. It's just childlike playing with sound in motion. Everyone has to start somewhere! :) And you know, they're trying to make up 'scientific' sounding terms along the way like 8D. Perhaps someone should show them some actual surround mixes and how to set up a system! A few of these guys will certainly grow into interest in actual surround sound. And a few will still miss the actual music available in surround and keep crudely play with their balance control for amusement. Maybe a few of them will get into audio production!

Think of the kind of hi-fi gear youngsters might have. No one's trying to "image" anything. It's crude blasts of sound hocketing from speaker to speaker like you do when you first discover the pan knob. The comment "best with stereo headphones" calls out that these guys aren't even vaguely aware of actual surround sound systems yet.

These are probably children. It's just childlike playing with sound in motion. Everyone has to start somewhere! :) And you know, they're trying to make up 'scientific' sounding terms along the way like 8D. Perhaps someone should show them some actual surround mixes and how to set up a system! A few of these guys will certainly grow into interest in actual surround sound. And a few will still miss the actual music available in surround and keep crudely play with their balance control for amusement. Maybe a few of them will get into audio production!

Think of the kind of hi-fi gear youngsters might have. No one's trying to "image" anything. It's crude blasts of sound hocketing from speaker to speaker like you do when you first discover the pan knob. The comment "best with stereo headphones" calls out that these guys aren't even vaguely aware of actual surround sound systems yet.
Youngsters believe bluetooth sounds better than FLAC or DSD simply because they don't have to use wires.
I swear everyone makes fun of me for using wires in school.

Back