8D Audio (on YouTube)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfbkfb

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
https://mashable.com/article/8d-audio-youtube^^^
So sit back, relax, and let 8D audio make you feel like you've entered the another dimension.

I was idly surfing the net for surround sound info, just found this, just listened to the ABBA YouTube Audio(Video?), it's a (IMHO) weird effect.

DPL2 music didn't provide much of a surround effect, just the L/R pan w/added reverb.

12D Audio:

24D Audio:

48D Audio:

Anyone for 64D Audio (maybe reverb only, none of the original music) ;)

Kirk Bayne

Wow. Glad I stopped to check this out. The 8D was a wild ride through the Surround Master! I did not read the article before listening, and found myself with music kind of swirling around my room and in my head. It was obviously not meant for a 4.0 system as parts were choppy, but it was interesting listening...a lot of motion. I think I'll get my headphones and take a listen as it was intended.

Thank you Kirk, I enjoyed that.

@chucky3042...is it no surprise that the SM responds so well to this stuff, whether we enjoy it or not?

Panning + reverb = "(fake) surround" - apparently this is legit, evidently some 8D audio content is available via Apple Music in addition to YouTube.

I like using matrix decoders for fake surround sound, 8D processing doesn't result in enjoyable listening for me.

Kirk Bayne

I just made myself an 8D audio mp3 - the stereo album version of Indian Reservation (I really like the quad mix of this song & album).

My 8D audio mp3 sounds...unusual.

(maybe the WEA group could abandon their [fake] Dolby Atmos "creations" and instead use their stereo source material for 8D audio versions) ;)

Kirk Bayne

Back