A Bad Think - coming soon in Atmos - new release: LifeLike

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clement

Stay Surrounded, Comrades!
QQ Supporter
Last edited:
1614966896751.png

I recall that the mix sounded great but I don't think I made it through one whole listen.
The Savior didn't move me.

But this little blurb made me scratch my head. His claim to fame is being a former member of a British new wave band?
That made me curious as I admit, I like a handful of their early songs and didn't recall his name to be associated with the band.

Looks like he was part of 1 past-their prime tour in 1989 and played on one released single that same year.
The claim looks to be a little generous although not false. Just seems like a weird way to market your non-new wave music.

Last edited:
I have been going round and round with Michael on where to buy Lifelike. He told me it would be available at CD Baby. In looking at the CD Baby website it is almost impossible to navigate through and when I did manage to talk with someone they had no idea what I was talking about. Michael assured that I could preorder even up to yesterday while I was going back and forth with him that his BDA was not available. I finally asked him to send me a link so I could order it and put it in QQ. And when he got back to me To his surprise they closed up shop.

So as of yesterday he does not have a distribution source. I have a feeling it might be available from his website or bandcamp. If he writes me back I will post on here. I would say to check his website also.

It looks like the 5.1 flac only files are available for $17.99 - same as many of the other downloads on the IAA site. It's 5 bucks more to get the atmos mp4 files. As I recall, I paid a similar amount for the Savior 5.1 flacs. After listening to Lifelike a few times on spotify, I can say that it technically sounds as well produced / recorded as Savior, and I found the Clearmountain 5.1 mix on that album to be excellent. Musically, I find Lifelike to be slightly less impactful than Savior, but that could change after a few more listens. Although $23 is a lot for the atmos mix, you also get the 5.1 flacs and keep in mind that the blu-ray apparently is going for $35 - way too steep IMHO for a single album.

Received my Blu-Ray yesterday. Only had time to listen to the first 4 songs. Sound is really nice, good use of the Atmos platform. I really dig this guys music. Cool voice. A little high priced but worth it.

Back