A (just for fun) poll: What would you want the next Quadio box to be?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should the next Rhino Quadio box be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steely Dan - May not be called Quadio due to label.
The quad Dan releases were great!!
My idea of "great" differs quite a bit. I thought they were tragically non-discrete, especially for 70's quad fare. Cant Buy a Thrill was the best of them, and even then too many different tracks were substituted.

My idea of "great" differs quite a bit. I thought they were tragically non-discrete, especially for 70's quad fare. Cant Buy a Thrill was the best of them, and even then too many different tracks were substituted.

The Q8 of Countdown has extreme separation, to the point where you'll lose entire instruments if you shut the rears off (piano in "Bodhisattva", backing vocals in "Show Biz Kids", horns and electric guitar in "My Old School", etc). CBAT is mixed the same way. Pretzel Logic is the only one that's non-discrete to my ears.

The Q8 of Countdown has extreme separation, to the point where you'll lose entire instruments if you shut the rears off (piano in "Bodhisattva", backing vocals in "Show Biz Kids", horns and electric guitar in "My Old School", etc). CBAT is mixed the same way. Pretzel Logic is the only one that's non-discrete to my ears.
I guess Pretzel is the one that sticks in my mind as the worst one. I think you are right about Countdown though. My apologies to the OP. One of them approaches "great".

Eagles [One of These Nights, On the Border (and possibly Eagles, Desperado]
Joni Mitchell [Court & Spark, Hissing of Summer Lawns (and possibly Blue)]
James Taylor [Gorilla, One Man Dog (and possibly Sweet Baby James, Mud Slide Slim, Walking Man)]

Would have voted for Randy too if I could have done 4. Of course Santana is not on the list. That would be my number one Quadio box after the two already released. Oh, and Steely Dan for sure. That might even be above Santana!

A box set from Eagle Rock Entertainment and Rhino I would love to have would be a complete set of Cream's 2005 reunion concerts from London's Royal Albert Hall. Already, Rhino has released wonderful DVD and Blu-ray disc versions of a single compilation derived from selections from each of the four nights. Although the producers apparently wanted to take the best performances and edit them into a single "concert," it would be great to have each of the four nights' concerts in their entirety in order to compare and contrast each night. Because all of these concerts were recorded (and are presumably archived) in excellent 1080i high-definition video and DTS-HD and Dolby Digital 5.1 (the rear surrounds conveying an excellent rendition of the hall and audience), it seems as if it would be fairly cost effective to release the full set. Admittedly, this may only be of interest only to devout Cream fans or completists, but it would be a tremendous document highlighting one of rock's most powerful groups. With the deaths of Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker, it makes this set an even more meaningful tribute. And if anyone thinks these recordings are merely of a a bunch of over-the-hill rockers trying to pad their retirement accounts, nothing could be further from the truth.

Attachments

• Cream 2005.jpg
    Cream 2005.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 152
I would like to see the Jim Croce discs too but they are Universal not Warner and those tapes are controlled by his widow. Apparently she does not approve of surround sound.

Iā€˜ve heard that she isnā€™t interested but keep hoping that she will change her mind. I was able to purchase the ā€œI Got A Nameā€ and ā€œYou Donā€™t Mess Around With Jimā€œ Quad albums on eBay. Theyā€™re in my stack of stuff to rip once I finish rebuilding my TT.

I would like to see the Jim Croce discs too but they are Universal not Warner and those tapes are controlled by his widow. Apparently she does not approve of surround sound.
Isn't that crazy? I mean, wouldn't you want your husband's legacy to carry on? The quads mean more sales and, not counting the money for her/his estate, it would make him more popular again.

I was never a fan of his, but I did purchase Photographs and Memories (his greatest hits) just because it was a QS LP for my Sansui to decode. Now, after all these years, I can say I enjoyed listening. See? Quad makes new fans! :51QQ

Not a box. I would like to see three albums that were announced to be released in quad, but never made it. The mixes certainly exist since the albums were, if not pressed, at least have the QD and BS4 number available for advance orders. The albums are "Atlantic crossing" Rod Stewart, "It's only rock'n'roll" Rolling Stones and "With everything I feel in me" Aretha Franklin. SInce they were all WEA artists at the time it surely could be something for Rhino to release,

Eagles, Joni Mitchell & Carlie for me in that order.

But also Quadio like packs I'd LOVE to see are Areosmith (Wings,Toys & Rocks which have all been released before in Quad format + the rest of their catalogue), Zeppelin (Complete Cataloge), ELP (Complete Catalogue), Boston (Boston & Don't Look Back), Jimi Hendrix Experience (Complete Cataloge), Grand Funk Railroad (Complete catalogue), Elton John (Complete Catatogue), Prince ( Complete Catalogue), Pink Floyd (Complete Catalogue), Heart (Complete Catalogue), Queen(1st 4 albums), Dire Straights (Complete Catalogue), SRV (Complete Catalogue), Joe Satriani(Complete Catalogue), David Bowie(up to Let's Dance), T-Rex(Complete Catalogue), Kiss (Alive 1-4), Ted Nugent (Complete Catalogue)and Three Dog Night (Complete) last but not least think that's enough for starters.....LMAO :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: !!!! But yes I am serious!!:cool::cool:

Last edited:
I canā€™t imagine Rhino hasnā€™t hashed out the possibilities for the main titles listed here already.
Either road blocks somewhere on some, or condition of tapes; and others just a purely business decision on overall market appeal for this age of listeners.
Iā€™m actually thinking maybe the Airplane / Starship stuff could be possible, but overall current market acceptance would be a big question. Of course personally Iā€™d buy anything theyā€™d put out, from what I have so far, and yes, I have them all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back