A (just for fun) poll: What would you want the next Quadio box to be?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should the next Rhino Quadio box be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bette Midler Miss M s a really good quad mix, album has audiophile grade sound, a big hit is included, but it is not in line I know that, it got a special reissue and they skipped the quad.

So I'll take
America - Greatest Hits
Seals and Crofts - Greatest Hits
Best of Carly Simon
Bread - Baby I'm a Want You
Jefferson Starship - Red Octopus, plus Dragon Fly- a Two-Fer
Ten Years After - A Space in Time (with corrected F/B channels) WMG has this now!
Jackson Browne - Late for the Sky
Gordon Lightfoot - The complete Quadio recordings
Randy Newman - Sail Away / Good Old Boys - a Two-Fer featuring his two finest!
"The Divine Miss M" never got a DVD-A release, so I doubt she'd be a contender. Only two albums by Gordon Lightfoot were released in quad, although I heard "Gord's Gold" had been remixed for possible DVD-A, but never was released. Carly Simon would be a good bet for a Quadio box. Joni Mitchell, too.

Re; Zappa - you forgot Quadrophiliac?

I was hoping for Santana but those will now come dripping out.

The Eagles are definitely an amazing band, but as said here in a earlier thread, very overplayed over the years. I'd probably pass on a Rhino issue of them. I have the quad albums and rarely play them.

I'd absolutely love Carly Simon and Joni Mitchell. I definitely wouldn't mind the McCartney and Wings stuff that was out on Q8. Alice Cooper and Linda Ronstadt were both in the Warner family back in the day, too. They'd be great, but I don't think any of Linda's stuff ever made it to quad for some reason.

I missed out on the Chicago. Love them! I wasn't collecting yet when it came out, but I have most of their albums in quad. (SQ unfortunately 🤢) It's definitely pricey now.
If you check one of the earlier posts the Chicago Quadio set is still available for around $150 which IMHO, is quite reasonable😀

...I missed out on the Chicago. Love them! I wasn't collecting yet when it came out, but I have most of their albums in quad. (SQ unfortunately 🤢) It's definitely pricey now.

It got repressed! I thought I missed out too, but then someone posted here that it was available again. I bought it here: Chicago Quadio Box (9 Disc Blu-Ray Audio)

But you can also find it directly from WMG here:
https://store.warnermusic.com/music-1/box-set/chicago-quadio-box-9-disc-blu-ray-audio.html

From WMG here:
https://store.warnermusic.com/music-1/box-set/chicago-quadio-box-9-disc-blu-ray-audio.htm

Unfortunately, too much $$ for me. If I didn't have most of the albums, I might. But thanks for the heads up
I hope you'll be able to add it to your collection at some point. The SQ LPs only hint at how amazing those quad mixes actually are.

@gvl_guy If there is one quad set worth going into debt to obtain before it is gone forever, then this is it.

[EDIT: Since you have most of the albums, then all the more reason to go for the Chicago set as you will enjoy the upgrade immensely.]

Last edited:
Eagles -- No, they'd probably never allow it to begin with unless they could charge $200 for it.
Joni -- Would love this, but there's only two titles. But maybe they could throw in the surround mix from the Shadows and Light movie. :unsure:
Randy Newman -- again, love the idea but there's not enough. Maybe add the 5.1 from Little Criminals, but most that seems kinda redundant.
Spinners -- this would be at the top of my list as these are great songs, great arrangements and great mixes. That Philly soul 70s stuff is absolute peak pop music IMO.

How about Brian Eno’s first 4 solo albums? The sounds/harmonies/synths would sound amazing!
0A028955-C2DE-4F15-A43B-1E473F6153B5.jpeg

May as well get a Deep Purple 3 disc Quadio set A bit of redundancy but when did that ever stop a reissue.:

Machine Head
Stormbringer
Burn
After all, there are two quad mixes of Machine Head, and the quad mixes of Stormbringer and Burn have never been released in a lossless digital format. (Has the Burn quad ever been released digitally at all? Maybe SQ?)

After all, there are two quad mixes of Machine Head, and the quad mixes of Stormbringer and Burn have never been released in a lossless digital format. (Has the Burn quad ever been released digitally at all? Maybe SQ?)

Burn was announced for quad release, but never materialized. I'd love to know if the mix was really done or not.

How the heck is it we get two 4.0 and one 5.1 mix of Machine Head (and I believe a stereo remix as well) but In Rock and Fireball are relegated to those original distorted to all hell stereo mixes?! It's not fair! (And the flat stereo remixes from some years back now don't make the cut either. The originals remain superior.) This is seriously not fair!

I'm only luke warm on Coverdale Purple. I didn't know about a quad mix for Burn. Where has that been hiding? How's the last track on the album sound? (That awesome instrumental.) I want this!

The US quad mix of MH is the harder one to find but the best surround mix of the lot. The best I've found was a damaged Q4 transfer that cleaned up pretty well. I'm used to UK copies of such things being better as a rule, so that was weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back