A (just for fun) poll: What would you want the next Quadio box to be?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should the next Rhino Quadio box be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With so many artists having only released one or two albums in quad, maybe a "theme" Quadio box set would satisfy, like a "heavy" box with Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, etc. A "mellow" Quadio box set with James Taylor, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon. You get the idea. Hey, Steve!

I think we need to convince HDTracks or another label to carry more quad, 5.1, and Atmos mixes. Also SACD ISO files. Without inventory to track it would be easier to experiment and try new releases.

I have memories of some good SQ titles by Paul Simon. I don't think they were released and sure would like to see that.

With so many artists having only released one or two albums in quad, maybe a "theme" Quadio box set would satisfy, like a "heavy" box with Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, etc. A "mellow" Quadio box set with James Taylor, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon. You get the idea. Hey, Steve!

Licensing gets to be a problem when talking about an idea like this.

I think single-disc D2C (direct to consumer) Blu-Ray Quadio discs will be the best way to operate from here on out.

:)

See ted_b's post two above yours. This thread is for artists who had quad releases in the '70's on WEA. None of the many artists you have mentioned fit the bill. We are not talking about new mixes here.
Yes I know that.....and I also said and have done so many times about NON WB artists stared "Quadio Like" and so have others.....sheesh

MM the QQ police are going to be visiting you soon....with a pair of hair clippers.
Jon does not take kindly to his threads being polluted with random hallucinations.

That's amazing. I'm a molecular biologist myself, although now I just manage scientists. I teach kinship analysis also.
Currently working on a PCR assay for SMA, as recommended by ACOG. Looking good, seems like a solid multiplex.

I would buy a Quadio release by The Eagles or Jefferson Starship in a heartbeat. Been dreaming of Rhino reissuing the Quad version of Black Oak Arkansas' "Raunch + Roll Live" for forever now. Somebody at Rhino seems to have a special fondness for BOA so I always thought it could happen. Never having heard it can somebody tell me what the mix for this title is like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back