A Late 2022 Status Update

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Afternoon

Mixing Engineer & Artist
BTW, when did you say you’re next release will come out (physical I hope); I’m ready with coin for that :love:
I realized I haven't exactly prompt on giving updates on my future projects. So uh, Q&A time!

When's the next album coming out?
It's hard to say. I have started work on it, but life has gotten increasingly busy, so the targeted 2022 date has been lost. 2023 maybe? Who knows.

You announced some short singles/EPs a while back. What happened?
Ah, yes. Uhhh. Yeah. So Paint Thinner, a live performance, had catastrophic multitrack corruption, so that's never releasing. summer.at3, a short collection of reworked old ideas, was never completed, and may never be.  finn, another EP, suffers the same fate. The silly not-serious Flow and a Half single is still releasing. I swear.

Physical releases?
Ah, yes. I'm likely to only release albums on physical media, and probably will never release on Blu-ray unless my audience grows significantly enough. Probably (proper) DVD-A for the near future.

If anyone's got anymore questions, ask ahead.

Obligatory ping for @J. PUPSTER.

I'd rather not create a new thread for this so I'm posting it here.
I'm also trying to get out of the habit of announcing things early, but I'm obligated to warn you guys.
IF, big key word here, IF, by chance, Mr. Afternoon drops a single before New Years, please advise it is a joke, and is highly recommended to be skipped and to wait for the next actual Mr. Afternoon, uh, thing. There will be no indication or warning on any descriptions of the single if it releases. If you're willing to decipher the humour, be my guest, it will come in good ol' 5.1.
IF it releases. IF.

TL;DR: dont listen to my music until 2023 thanks

I'd rather not create a new thread for this so I'm posting it here.
I'm also trying to get out of the habit of announcing things early, but I'm obligated to warn you guys.
IF, big key word here, IF, by chance, Mr. Afternoon drops a single before New Years, please advise it is a joke, and is highly recommended to be skipped and to wait for the next actual Mr. Afternoon, uh, thing. There will be no indication or warning on any descriptions of the single if it releases. If you're willing to decipher the humour, be my guest, it will come in good ol' 5.1.
IF it releases. IF.

TL;DR: dont listen to my music until 2023 thanks
ABSOLUTELY NO DICE, Jack, unless the cd layer of the 5.1 SACD is MQA Encoded!

R.cdb5f8418fe9ba3b3f720e3fa5d7c62b

I'd rather not pollute any other thread with this.

I don't think you guys understand. The shoddy DVD-R of Szoo Wee Dmama I just released is a stupid archival release of a bad album.

STOP BUYING IT!!! I beg you!!! 😭
Well, I don't mind, really, I'm just horribly confused, that's all.

Back