A&M Quad Mixes, Cross Channel Reverb & SQ

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t you mean Daryl Dragon, the keyboardist and one-time hubby of Toni Tenille? There was a drummer named Dennis Dragon who was murdered, but he was from Oregon. Besides, I’m pretty sure A&M had a one Dragon per project limit.

No, Daryl forwarded my message to Dennis and he was identified as the mixing and primary audio engineer, and Dennis wrote the reply. The wikipedia article for Daryl Dragon mentions that he is "elder brother of Dennis Dragon, a member of the 1960s pop combo The Dragons and the 1980s surf band the Surf Punks. " The emails were sent in 2014.

From searching, it appears Dennis passed away in 2017.

No, Daryl forwarded my message to Dennis and he was identified as the mixing and primary audio engineer, and Dennis wrote the reply. The wikipedia article for Daryl Dragon mentions that he is "elder brother of Dennis Dragon, a member of the 1960s pop combo The Dragons and the 1980s surf band the Surf Punks. " The emails were sent in 2014.

From searching, it appears Dennis passed away in 2017.

I see.
So there were, in fact, two Dragons involved.
I had never heard of Dennis.

His complaint is a little surprising because the Captain & Tennille album has one of the better A&M mixes and seems quite faithful to the stereo, at least on the tracks I know.

Whoever did the mix on Joan Baez's "Come From the Shadows", A&M's only domestically released QS album, did a pretty decent job on it. I know some record companies have gotten the artists involved in their quad remixes, although I don't think A&M did.

Back