A Message From Marshall - Audio Fidelity to Close Shop

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa :eek::eek:. Marshalls the man. I've thoroughly enjoyed the vast majority of those releases. What with Steve and now Marshall who is going to continue with this music heaven, in the near future?

I hope Marshall lands on his feet after this...IMO he is a class act...he's not a "bean counter"...he's one of us... a music lover at heart....good luck Marshall:(
Ya!! I have spoken with him several times, and this guy has class! He cared about what we wanted!
Really sad to see it go, but, there was an issue of licensing- and producing stuff that was owned by others. No surprise here!

"music" made by producers for performers backed by little miltia of "dancers" whose job is to distract an audience from performers who are no longer musicians.

You mean like Soul Train or American Bandstand? Get off my lawn!

Vinyl LPs should be fine in 2018.
When Best Buy pulls the plug on LPs in the Summer of 2019, we'll see what happens then.

That's IF Best Buy is still in business in 2019...they have been on life support for several years...I don't think the brick and mortal sector of the business will be around much longer...

That's IF Best Buy is still in business in 2019...they have been on life support for several years...I don't think the brick and mortal sector of the business will be around much longer...

Best Buy is moving into appliances as they change the product mix.
They will be around next year. Even after they stop selling LPs. :)

This (surround/hi-res discs) is not the only specialty hobby that has been severely stressed by suppliers exiting the market. Another specialty hobby that I am into has seen the number of "importers" drop from a half dozen down to two over the past few years. Geez, I hope that I'm not the bad seed!

Shame upon the great unwashed passel of pigs and their love of homogenized MP3 garbage.
I guess we cannot hold back the tide. We needed to get recruits but they are in the grip of cheap low fidelity "music" made by producers for performers backed by little miltia of "dancers" whose job is to distract an audience from performers who are no longer musicians.

Perfectly stated. I'll bet that just flowed out.

You mean like Soul Train or American Bandstand? Get off my lawn!

There are a lot of differences....

Those involved with Soul Train and AB were not an unwashed passel of pigs... that passel of pigs showered regularly :ROFLMAO:

They also wouldn't have been OK with MP3 garbage produced via smartphones. There was a healthy respect for good sound.

And the exhibition of gratuitous sexuality back then was done for its own sake. I believe now it is more often used to distract from the fact that there is a lack of talent and musicianship on the part of the performers.

Excuse me now..... I have to leave to attend my twerking class. :dance

Why wouldn't it? In my house it's vinyl for stereo, optical for surround.

oh absolutely! (y)

there are even some lunatics among us who do surround on vinyl, for our sins! :ROFLMAO:

"listen without format prejudice!" :love:

maybe Marshall Blonstein & Co will make a comeback someday as impressive as the current vinyl revival..! :LB

Best Buy is moving into appliances as they change the product mix.
They will be around next year. Even after they stop selling LPs. :)

I'm sure the VINYL they ARE selling is not top shelf. Vinyl Purists, IMO, are HARDLY among their customer base. They're better served by Elusive Disc, MoFi, Acoustic Sounds, etc. From the reviews I've read on Amazon, the Majors are just not producing quality vinyl.

Very sad to read, I always appreciated their work. Never tricking around with extra tracks/demos to make an old record the most complete release, but merely focusing on what actually matters, presenting the original content as good as possible by hiring mastering engineers who really knows good sound.

Of course I will miss the quad releases the most. Hey, being able to run a nisched cd reissue label for 18 years in the 21st century is actually impressive!

The key will be mattresses. Once they start selling mattresses, they're a goner.

Made me think of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy!
"Arthur prodded the mattress nervously and then sat on it himself: in fact he had very little to be nervous about, because all mattresses grown in the swamps of Squornshellous Zeta are very thoroughly killed and dried before being put to service. Very few have ever come to life again."

http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Mattresses

Made me think of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy!
"Arthur prodded the mattress nervously and then sat on it himself: in fact he had very little to be nervous about, because all mattresses grown in the swamps of Squornshellous Zeta are very thoroughly killed and dried before being put to service. Very few have ever come to life again."

http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Mattresses

You try to sell a mattress and that is when the trouble starts

Back