A problem with DVD Audio Extractor

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akse0435

Hello,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I've bought the program DVD Audio Extractor, and use it to extract audio from DVDs and Blu-Rays.

I have a few Blu-Ray discs with boath LPCM, DTS and DTS-HD-Ma audio streams, but everytme I try one of them with DVD Audio Extractor, the DTS-HD-Ma streams never show up.

For example, I have a Blu-Ray disc with the following audio streams:
LPCM Stereo 24 bit 192 KHz
DTS 5.1 24 bit 192 KHz
DTS 5.1 24 bit 96 KHz
DTS-HD 5.1 24 bit 192 KHz
DTS-HD 7.1 24 bit 96 KHz
But, only the first three streams show up, even though the website says, that the program supports DTS-HD-Ma streams.

What could be wrong, and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards:
Aksel Christoffersen

Nothing is wrong. The DTS streams you are seeing in DVDAE are the lossless DTS-HD streams. The program just identifies the DTS-HD stream as DTS. There is another program, MakeMKV, which provides a better inside view of the streams, but requires an additional step if you want to transcode to FLAC.
Also keep in mind that DVDAE requires you to decode the copy protection on a Blu Ray disc before it will extract the audio stream. Another reason to utilize MakeMKV for Blu Ray

Thank you for the reply. That makes sens, though I just find it a little confusing when it identifies the DTS stream with 8 channels as a 6 channel track. Though, when I proset to the next step, it gives me the option to retain all 8 channels in the output file, so everything seems to be right.
I allready used Make MKV to decrypt the Blu-Ray. It's a really good program, and I use it often.

Greetings Aksel,
We have Denmark representing well in the Tour De France and almost made it to the Final in the Euro Cup. My Great Grandmother was from Allerslev south of Copenhagen.
Good advice from the two posts above.
I have ripped many a disc and I love DVDAE but only for DVD discs, works very well. The drop down tree, like you show is a bit of a learning curve but you will figure it out.
When I rip I always pick if available the DTS HD Mstr, just my preference. I would say half of my DVD rips are the surround and stereo, the other half is surround only, again just my preference, no real reason. All my DVD rips are FLAC.
Blu Ray discs, I agree with above MakeMKV is the best, as it is a two step process, I use Music Media Helper (MMH) invented by our own Homerjau works excellent and Garry is very helpful and always available. The 2nd step on ripping Blu Rays, is mostly for track/chapter selection and tagging which MakeMKV does not do, but MMH does very well.
My playback software is JRiver, which I like a lot.

Greetings Aksel,
We have Denmark representing well in the Tour De France and almost made it to the Final in the Euro Cup. My Great Grandmother was from Allerslev south of Copenhagen.
Good advice from the two posts above.
I have ripped many a disc and I love DVDAE but only for DVD discs, works very well. The drop down tree, like you show is a bit of a learning curve but you will figure it out.
When I rip I always pick if available the DTS HD Mstr, just my preference. I would say half of my DVD rips are the surround and stereo, the other half is surround only, again just my preference, no real reason. All my DVD rips are FLAC.
Blu Ray discs, I agree with above MakeMKV is the best, as it is a two step process, I use Music Media Helper (MMH) invented by our own Homerjau works excellent and Garry is very helpful and always available. The 2nd step on ripping Blu Rays, is mostly for track/chapter selection and tagging which MakeMKV does not do, but MMH does very well.
My playback software is JRiver, which I like a lot.
Sounds interesting. I am from Bagsværd, probably Backsword in english, which is close to Copenhagen, but I have a little family in Allerslev.

But, back on topic, what exactly makes MakeMKV the best choice for Blu-Ray discs. I've just tried decrypting a Blu-Ray disc with MakeMKV, and then using the decrypted data with DVDAE, and it works just fine for me. What is the advantage with only using MakeMKV and then MMH?

Kind regards:
Aksel Christoffersen

Sounds interesting. I am from Bagsværd, probably Backsword in english, which is close to Copenhagen, but I have a little family in Allerslev.

But, back on topic, what exactly makes MakeMKV the best choice for Blu-Ray discs. I've just tried decrypting a Blu-Ray disc with MakeMKV, and then using the decrypted data with DVDAE, and it works just fine for me. What is the advantage with only using MakeMKV and then MMH?

Kind regards:
Aksel Christoffersen
I'd say MMH just makes the process easier, does all sorts of things in one package, and handy for adding silent channels into old Quad mixes so modern equipment can play it. Have a look (1) Music Media Helper (useful tools for Music Videos & MCH Audio) | QuadraphonicQuad Home Audio Forum

Back