A Sunday with Involve

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well well - looks like the station changed the schedule - today - naturally - so there is no rebroadcast set for today's show. because of the mix up - I'm posting the the show (not for streaming, but dl only, and only for two days - there is probably a rights issue, but they told me it was okay to do this, just this once, since they never told me about the change. - so for the next 48 hours

hour 1 (mp3) with all the encoded tracks in 16x44 wav format will be here:
https://volafile.org/r/gu3burp8
hour 2 (mp3) with all the encoded tracks in 16x44 wav format will be here:
https://volafile.org/r/d5kvk3jm
hour 3 (mp3) with all the encoded tracks in 16x44 wav format will be here:
https://volafile.org/r/f9gft6rw
they are uploading now - should be ready for pick up by 11pm NYC time

again sorry -
I missed the show in quad because I was in my car. I listened a little through streaming the website through my phone to my car's system and it sounded pretty darn good in stereo, too. I'm going to download this to listen at home on my Sansui 9001. :)

I missed the show in quad because I was in my car. I listened a little through streaming the website through my phone to my car's system and it sounded pretty darn good in stereo, too. I'm going to download this to listen at home on my Sansui 9001. :)
Yeah its the big plus of Involve encode in that unlike QS there is no stereo image compression

I downloaded some of them. I will have to master them and write them to CD before I can play them in quad, since my computer is not linked to the quad decoders.

I will master them since the levels are low.

I downloaded some of them. I will have to master them and write them to CD before I can play them in quad, since my computer is not linked to the quad decoders.

I hope this works: I was hoping to put them on a USB stick and play them through my Oppo, setting the receiver to QS.

haha - the Devo is pretty cool.
YES it is. Voices popping up all over the room 😱🤪
Bill- small correction-the group’s name is pronounced “DEE-VO”. not “DUH-VO” lol

Yes, you have got to give Devo's Whip It a listen. This particular track really shows the impressive separation The Little Blue Eyed Monster can produce from an Involve Encoded stream.

Interesting comment about the levels. I haven't looked at all songs, but a couple each from each download, and mostly they look like this:

1603739584661.png

Quite wide dynamic range & peak level is right up there.🤔

I was recording something for about an hour before seeing the links much appreciated, thank you! Listening now through Involve with JVC quadphones, exactly the kind of project I think about all the time! Really like the Aha, New Order, Devo, Halen in quad awesome! I think that the 16/44.1 resolution gets slightly exposed by the decoder with headphones, might want to use higher resolution when actually broadcasting if available if you aren't already. Also, does it use standard Involve encode or "smart" encode? Again, awesome project!

Interesting comment about the levels. I haven't looked at all songs, but a couple each from each download, and mostly they look like this:

View attachment 58548

Quite wide dynamic range & peak level is right up there.🤔
when these were released in the 1980s - the record companies were still doing a lot of compression. I didn't see the need - especially when the mp3 used for broadcast seems to do that all on its own :-(

when these were released in the 1980s - the record companies were still doing a lot of compression. I didn't see the need - especially when the mp3 used for broadcast seems to do that all on its own :-(

Hey Bill - can’t thank you enough for providing these files to us. It’s awfully nice of you!! Maybe next week’s too ( Beggars can’t be choosers

Hey Bill

furui_suterioo asked a good question - have you got it set for fixed parameter encode (dumb) or intelligent Involve (variable parameter)- there is a switch on the board

Regards

Chucky

Back