• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

A TON of CD-4 Discrete Quad LP's Up For Grabs: for sale, trade, barter, etc. and so forth

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flip video:

I can try to make a list later, if desired.

As far as pricing goes, no reasonable offer will be denied. Unreasonable offers possibly accepted too.
Let's cap things at $5/per record.
I said before, I got a great deal and I want to pass that along.
So, whether you have CD-4 capability yet, or not, snatch these things up.

Even though I'm no longer spinning vinyl, Mike, what a GREAT treasure trove of CD~4 discs and what a wonderful service you are performing by making these available to members of QQ forum

See the source image

But I sure have a BUNCH of CD~4's :SG

Last edited:
hi baggy. am interested in the mystic moods -erogenous and the gal on the front mystic moods disc, danny davis latest and greatest and the danny davis national brass disc , donny hathaway, c simon - hotcakes,friends of distinction greatest hits, hugo rocket man disc,bach spaced out and tubular bells thanks terry

Here's what I have for everybody, so far. I'll begin pulling them, checking them, and packaging them.
Lmk about any additions, items I've missed, etc.

Also, bear in mind, bartering, etc.
You might have some extra CD-4 item(s) that will help get me up and running.

J. Pup
Nini Rosso
Mickey Newbury
Wiretap

gvl_guy
Friends of Distinction Greatest Hits
Quincy Jones Mellow Madness

mrsmithers
Nat Stuckey - Take Time To Love Her (Sealed)
Carly Simon - Hotcakes (Sealed)
Warner/Elektra/Atlantic present CD-4 (Sealed)
Spinners - New & Improved
Perry Como - And I Love You So
The Mystic Moods - Awakening
Donny Hathaway - Extension Of A Man
Quincy Jones - Mellow Madness (2nd one)

Adam
Sylvania test disc
Spinners S/T
Donny Hathaway
AWB
JVC sampler
Harman Kardon sampler
Carolyn Hester
Warner Elektra Atlantic sampler
Captain & Tennille
Gordon Lightfoot Sundown
Roberta Flack Killing Me Softly
4 channel/2 channel Soundbird test record
Deep Purple Machine Head
Project 3 Test disc
Pansonic test disc
This Is CD-4

BJMarsh
Carly Simon No Secrets
Allman Brothers
Gordon Lightfoot Cold on the Shoulder

TVB (Terry)
mystic moods -erogenous
gal on the front mystic moods
danny davis latest and greatest
danny davis national brass
donny hathaway
c simon - hotcakes
friends of distinction greatest hits
hugo rocket man
bach spaced out
tubular bells

Thanks Baggy,

I'll PM you soon with more details and how you want the moolah transferred. No rush as I'm not even completely set up for CD-4 yet! I've pretty much got everything in place though after saving up for a while. Got a Technics 1200, AT540ML, the software option and the wires to keep the 30k frequency. Just need to get my arse (ass) in gear!

Yeah I thought better to work in groups of 4 as you said it works better for packaging? And it's quad right?! But there were a couple that were on the subs bench so may see if there's a few more... I'd imagine the postage is going to be pretty steep to Blighty, but honestly that's ok and I'll sort that all out.

I just think it's so important to preserve this stuff. It's like the end of Raiders Of The Lost Arc, "It belongs in a museum". And it's fitting in some way to see this stuff go to a home where it's appreciated. I'd imagine the person that originally bought them would look down favourably on that... 🙂

Here's what I have for everybody, so far. I'll begin pulling them, checking them, and packaging them.
Lmk about any additions, items I've missed, etc.

Also, bear in mind, bartering, etc.
You might have some extra CD-4 item(s) that will help get me up and running.

J. Pup
Nini Rosso
Mickey Newbury
Wiretap

gvl_guy
Friends of Distinction Greatest Hits
Quincy Jones Mellow Madness

mrsmithers
Nat Stuckey - Take Time To Love Her (Sealed)
Carly Simon - Hotcakes (Sealed)
Warner/Elektra/Atlantic present CD-4 (Sealed)
Spinners - New & Improved
Perry Como - And I Love You So
The Mystic Moods - Awakening
Donny Hathaway - Extension Of A Man
Quincy Jones - Mellow Madness (2nd one)

Adam
Sylvania test disc
Spinners S/T
Donny Hathaway
AWB
JVC sampler
Harman Kardon sampler
Carolyn Hester
Warner Elektra Atlantic sampler
Captain & Tennille
Gordon Lightfoot Sundown
Roberta Flack Killing Me Softly
4 channel/2 channel Soundbird test record
Deep Purple Machine Head
Project 3 Test disc
Pansonic test disc
This Is CD-4

BJMarsh
Carly Simon No Secrets
Allman Brothers
Gordon Lightfoot Cold on the Shoulder

TVB (Terry)
mystic moods -erogenous
gal on the front mystic moods
danny davis latest and greatest
danny davis national brass
donny hathaway
c simon - hotcakes
friends of distinction greatest hits
hugo rocket man
bach spaced out
tubular bells
And the winner by a long shot is ADAM [fredblue]

TESTING .....1, 2, 3, 4 .........

OK Baggy.....Im giving in to temptation. I was at a microbrewery party yesterday and even the beer couldnt keep my mind off of your records......

I have most of your selections including the CD4 test records but I have never seen This is CD4? Is is a Japanese sampler? What is on it?
I realize Adam has grabbed your only copy but Im curious. Doubtless your samplers are in better shape than mine which were mostly thrift shop finds for me..

Anyways I would like these if still available: Friends of Distinction Greatest Hits
Carly Simon Hot Cakes and No Secrets
Spinners whichever title you have left

Bonus selection: You get to suggest a title you think I should own...except if I already have it. Could be one of the samplers.

Damm you I actually started getting rid of some of my records this summer than you come along............
I realize whatever titles I get now are sure to show up in Dutton Vocalions next release group.

Dont laugh at me 4ears.

Last edited:
OK Baggy.....Im giving in to temptation. I was at a microbrewery party yesterday and even the beer couldnt keep my mind off of your records......

I have most of your selections including the CD4 test records but I have never seen This is CD4? Is is a Japanese sampler? What is on it?
I realize Adam has grabbed your only copy but Im curious. Doubtless your samplers are in better shape than mine which were mostly thrift shop finds for me..

Anyways I would like these if still available: Friends of Distinction Greatest Hits
Carly Simon Hot Cakes and No Secrets
Spinners whichever title you have left

Bonus selection: You get to suggest a title you think I should own...except if I already have it. Could be one of the samplers.

Damm you I actually started getting rid of some of my records this summer than you come along............
I realize whatever titles I get now are sure to show up in Dutton Vocalions next release group.

Don't laugh at me 4ears.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

FYI, Jeffie, at Baggy's VERY generous pricing of $5 per disc, you indeed made a wise decision and those WARNER titles are not likely to be released anytime soon by D~V!

Last edited:
Wow what a fantastic collection there Baggy! 🤩 Very cool you're preserving the collection and trying to find homes for these extra records. If you don't mind posting to UK (I'd be happy content to meet the postage ☺️) I'd defo be interested in these...
  • Nat Stuckey - Take Time To Love Her (Sealed)
  • Carly Simon - Hotcakes (Sealed)
  • Warner/Elektra/Atlantic present CD-4 (Sealed)
  • Spinners - New & Improved
  • Perry Como - And I Love You So
  • The Mystic Moods - Awakening
  • Donny Hathaway - Extension Of A Man
  • Quincy Jones - Mellow Madness (2nd one)
Cheers
Hey Baggy,

Can I add to my order -
  • David Gates - Never Let Her Go (Sealed)
  • Enoch Light - Charge! (Sealed) James Taylor - One Man Dog. Email sent on change.
  • Average White Band - AWB
  • Charley Pride - Sweet Country
That will 12 in total then. Just sending a message now so you can work out postage etc...

Cheers :)

Last edited:
heres a couple more Wakmen king arthur, montenegro licks, fieldler boston pops,permissive polyphonics enoch light, both hues corp discs if still available,

Back