Abba: Voyage (new album) Drops in November.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are accomplished musicians and Agnetha has been making her own albums even before this and Benny has been involved in music for plays. Most do not stay still for long as talent wants to be let out although they have enough money to disappear and live out their lives. Heck, Gordon Lightfoot at 82 is still touring and Justin Hayward has a new band doing Moody blues tunes- check out his Tuesday Afternoon YT videos.

This is good news for the world as far as I am concerned. Having been lucky to have seen them live in the 70s I am a fan . I like the new songs they are good given what their age is now. I have preordered the CD. As far as seeing a concert of digital avatars however......I am not so sure.

This is good news for the world as far as I am concerned. Having been lucky to have seen them live in the 70s I am a fan . I like the new songs they are good given what their age is now. I have preordered the CD. As far as seeing a concert of digital avatars however......I am not so sure.
Here's a video of I Still Have Faith In You, mostly photos and video when they were younger. But the last minute or two, it shows them as young still singing the new song. Not sure if this would be what a virtual concert would look like. Their choice to do it this way I guess, but I'll take what I can get.:)

Yes their comeback presents an opportunity to repackage their catalog in surround remixes which would sell well in the current frenzy.

Yes their comeback presents an opportunity to repackage their catalog in surround remixes which would sell well in the current frenzy.
Don't count on it. I emailed their engineer, Michael B. Tretow, about the possibility of surround mixes of ABBA's albums being done, and he was very adamant that it won't happen. He explained that he, Bjorn, and Benny worked very hard to create the sound that we hear on the albums, and that B&B are absolutely NOT interested in remixing in surround. There already exists a box set that has all their studio albums, remastered, and a disc of bonus tracks The set, "ABBA- The Albums". is quite good. I doubt they'd be interested in doing even hybrid stereo SACD's; when I asked about it, he didn't say.

Don't count on it. I emailed their engineer, Michael B. Tretow, about the possibility of surround mixes of ABBA's albums being done, and he was very adamant that it won't happen. He explained that he, Bjorn, and Benny worked very hard to create the sound that we hear on the albums, and that B&B are absolutely NOT interested in remixing in surround. There already exists a box set that has all their studio albums, remastered, and a disc of bonus tracks The set, "ABBA- The Albums". is quite good. I doubt they'd be interested in doing even hybrid stereo SACD's; when I asked about it, he didn't say.

I have the box set. I also have the latter half of their LPs and several 45s.

Some of their songs do quite well in QS.

:cry:

I have the box set. I also have the latter half of their LPs and several 45s.

Some of their songs do quite well in QS.
The later albums do better through the Surround Master than some of the tracks on the older ones. One track that sounds particularly good is "Should I Laugh Or Cry", which is on the Bonus Tracks disc.

Well, why can the Spice Girls go Atmos and ABBA can't, right?
Edit: Streaming only.
https://theseconddisc.com/2021/09/07/make-it-last-forever-spice-girls-debut-set-for-expanded-reissue
You'd have to ask Michael B. Tretow, their audio engineer. He's the one who almost seemed put out by my asking if surround mixes of their albums could be made available at some time. According to him, he, Benny, and Bjorn are dead set against it. I wouldn't count on "Voyage" being released in anything but stereo.

Back