Abbey Road Disc Problem

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokey911

My copy of Abbey Road appears to be faulty.
I'm listening to the DTS-HD MA and the disc stalls between Golden Slumbers and Carry That Weight.
If you try to select the last 3 tracks from the menu the whole thing locks up.
I tried ripping the disc and it crashes at 92% 🤬

I'm listening to the DTS-HD MA and the disc stalls between Golden Slumbers and Carry That Weight.
I managed to copy it with dvd fab. The copy works perfectly whereas the original has the same problems as your disc. My software had to be updated to cover the latest copy protection so maybe that is the cause of the problem some of us are having.

I managed to copy it with dvd fab. The copy works perfectly whereas the original has the same problems as your disc. My software had to be updated to cover the latest copy protection so maybe that is the cause of the problem some of us are having.
I was using the latest DVD Fab too, ripping method but it kept crashing. I tried Make MKV as well with the same result.

Has anyone who has had NO trouble playing it had a problem ripping it? I haven't gotten around to ripping it yet. (Spending too much time on this forum.)
Mine plays fine in both my players (Oppo BDP-83 & Sony UBP-X800).
I tried to rip it using an older version of MakeMKV, and it displayed a bunch of question marks (??????????) in the disc information panel after the disc initialized.
I updated MakeMKV to the latest version, and it recognized (and ripped) the disc just fine.

Having established that my disc was actually faulty I decided to try for an exchange. If you need to exchange a faulty item JB online suggest contacting your nearest JB Hi Fi store.
On Friday morning I rang JB Warriewood and to my surprise they said they had one in stock, I asked the sales dude to confirm that it was the box set containing 3 CDs, a Blu Ray disc and a hardbound book.
Saturday morning I arrive at the store to find they have the 3 CD set held for me, for fuck sake. The sales chick then asks the sales dude to see if they have the Abbey Road Anniversary box set in stock to which the sales dude asks, " Abbey Road ? is that the new Tool album ? " I'm not making this up ! They check their stock levels and find only two across all stores. I asked if they could transfer one in but I'm told they don't transfer limited edition sets between stores.
The two stores in question were Tuggerah and Macarthur Square. After having lost my temper they contacted Tuggerah who flatley refuse to transfer one. Eventually they convince Macarthur Square to send one I hope this one isn't faulty.

When I went to rip the 5.1 portion, the DTS-HD MA would not rip track 12, Polythene Pam using my normal method of MakeMKV and Audiomuxer. I was able to fully rip it but I had to change my normal method a bit.

:ROFLMAO: Talk about a cliff hanger - don't stop now - what change?

Sorry. Instead of letting Audiomuxer rip one track at a time, I had to rip the entire 5.1 as one long track and then load that into Audiomuxer and split using the generated cue sheet.

Sorry. Instead of letting Audiomuxer rip one track at a time, I had to rip the entire 5.1 as one long track and then load that into Audiomuxer and split using the generated cue sheet.
I've never used that method before, good to know. But don't tell me the details on using the cue sheet split; most times I prefer trying to figure things out myself first, failure can be a great tool for remembering and teaching. (I've only developed that attitude in the last few years given my age -LOL)

I've never used that method before, good to know. But don't tell me the details on using the cue sheet split; most times I prefer trying to figure things out myself first, failure can be a great tool for remembering and teaching. (I've only developed that attitude in the last few years given my age -LOL)

Audiomuxer is pretty intuitive, you shouldn't have any trouble. Try using the normal way first and post here the results please.

Audiomuxer is pretty intuitive, you shouldn't have any trouble. Try using the normal way first and post here the results please.

I didn't have any issues the normal way: My MakeMKV is version 1.14.4 Win. (x64 release) and AudioMuxer is version 0.9.6.4

ABBEY ROAD FOOBAR2000.jpg

I was using the latest DVD Fab too, ripping method but it kept crashing. I tried Make MKV as well with the same result.

I used makeMKV. The first time crashed because was an older version. After updating the BR went fine. Mine comes from EU

Back