ABC Impulse releases on CD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm playing a reissue LP (S-75900 in runout) through an SM2 and get very little from the rears, mostly just the lead guitar in rear. Everything else is in the front.
Don't have and original LP.
Are you referring to that Free Beer And Chicken album, if so which one please? Some releases say they are actually Quad, but I've only heard the CD (still need to check it out more).
I listened on headphones and it sounded like it could decode well 🤷‍♂️

I do have a 1974 original vinyl pressing of "Gato Barbieri - Chapter Two: Hasta Siempre". I have made a high quality recording (needledrop) of it in 24/96.
Now I would like to properly decode it. I think it is QS encoded, if I understand correctly. I have Adobe Audition 3.0, and I have seen that there are scripts for Adobe Audition 1.5 and 2.0 which could be used, but not for 3.0.
I have successfully decoded a SQ encoded record (Santana - Borboletta) before, but that was almost two years ago, and I think the decoding for QS files is a bit different.
Maybe someone could give me a hint in the right direction how I could decode this recording, it would be much appreciated. I do know about not declicking the original recording before the decoding.
Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Back