Steven Wilson ABC - The Lexicon Of Love (Steven Wilson remix coming in 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad Home Audio Forum

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad Home Audio Forum:

zabble

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
Alternative?????

FINALLY after 40-50 years! A DISCO album in SURROUND!!!
To me disco had always been characterized by a dominating, relentless kick drum beat. Something like this was part of the New Wave/Romantic category....at least in my head! I'm hoping for a standalone blu-ray as well.

JediJoker

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
It's a fantastic sounding album already thanks to Trevor Horn...so it should be very special once Steven has massaged it !
Has Steven mixed/remixed any other Trevor Horn productions? I'd love to hear his take on 90125, but I doubt he'd be interested, even though he's done the core Yes '70s catalogue.

fthesoundguy

Never heard of this before and had a quick listen in the car. It’s a wonderful album and is now on my radar to pick up if the price is right. I know it’s gonna be mixed superbly as well.

I love all this weird 80s stuff that’s been out our of my comfort zone. Never would have given it a chance if it wasn’t for being interested in surround.

himey

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Instant buy for me. A fave since 1982.
I remember buying it on vinyl on release day at Pinellas Square Mall. There was a production error where it would skip on Shoot That Poison Arrow, when he sang whoa, whoa, whoa, when your world is full strange arrangements...in-between the last whoa and when. I had to return it twice. Well worth the effort. I still dig every song.

splinter7

800 Club - QQ All-Star
I remember buying it on vinyl on release day at Pinellas Square Mall. There was a production error where it would skip on Shoot That Poison Arrow, when he sang whoa, whoa, whoa, when your world is full strange arrangements...in-between the last whoa and when. I had to return it twice. Well worth the effort. I still dig every song.
Those are the lyrics for "Look of Love" - So love this album and the cheesy videos that accompanied it

B&W Driver

I believe that I was working in Hudson (just outside of NPR) when my buddy first told me how much he liked the album, so I wasn't far from you when it was new/big. :smokin

B&W Driver

We used to work in various towns along Death Valley (US 19), back in the day, but Tarpon Springs was about as far south on the highway as we went. My family used to picnic on the lake back then; I remember it being a beautiful place ...and speaking of towns in the general St. Pete area, we also lived in S. Pasadena for a few years.

himey

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
We used to work in various towns along Death Valley (US 19), back in the day, but Tarpon Springs was about as far south on the highway as we went. My family used to picnic on the lake back then; I remember it being a beautiful place ...and speaking of towns in the general St. Pete area, we also lived in S. Pasadena for a few years.

I had to look it up, but it was Camelot Music in the mall. It was the closest mall to my house although I went there the least because the others, Tyrone Mall, Clearwater Mall, and Countryside Mall, were all more popular and a bit nicer. Was it Andersen Park. That place is really nice. I caught a six-pound bass in Lake Tarpon! A friend of mine delivers Pizza at the s. Pasadena, Pizza Hut.

uffeolby

300 Club - QQ All-Star
We called it new wave back in the day.
In Sweden we did definitely not call this new wave, that name was more used for new rock music in the punk era that was not punk, like Graham Parker, Elvis Costello and The Pretenders. I know these categorisations and labels can sometimes differ a lot between countries - the most obvious example in Sweden is Prog(ressive) Rock, which in Sweden stands for folk/rock/pop from the 70's with political lyrics in Swedish. go figure :unsure: