ABC - The Lexicon Of Love (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming in August 2023; SDE Blu-Ray #12)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm limited to 5.1, but it's up in the U.S. CST under 'Deluxe Edition'. 'Tears Are Not Enough' is the first track to jump out of the surrounds with the 'horns', though oddly, the 7" version is mixed much more conservatively. Giving it a scan, the album itself sounds quite good. The live tracks seem a little timid.

And yes, it includes the 'Poison Arrow (Jazz Remix)'. 👍
Hey Frank, can you confirm or deny if any of the other non-album tracks that came out are mixed in Atmos/surround? Particularly, "Theme from Man Trap" (a version of Poison Arrow) and "Overture"? These are absolute jewels that it would be sheerly incredible to have in surround.

Bright, for both 'Overture' and 'Mantrap' the mixes sound wide open to me, and have elements in my surrounds, so I'm guessing they've been mixed in Atmos.

My ears (and knowledge) aren't as savvy as some of you here, but on 2nd listen, it sounds like "Tears 7" Version' and 'Alphabet Soup 12" Mix' may be be upmixes, because they're very weak compared to the rest of the mixes, and 'Tears 7"' combines the vocal and 'horns' in the center channel. Other than that, everything else (including the 'Live From Hammersmith Odeon') would appear to be fully remixed in surround.

Okay, even weirder -- Many Happy Returns and Tears Are Not Enough are suddenly not playing in Atmos (along with Theme From Mantrap, which never did play in Atmos, at least for me), but the rest of the album still is.

Okay, this is weird, at least based on the feedback from other people: the standard version of the album is definitely still playing in Atmos for me, and the deluxe version definitely isn't. (I'm in the U.S.) :unsure:

It is just caching/regional server weirdness when they made something Atmos then reverted it in short order. Same thing happened with Rush Signals, for a while my AppleTV would play it in Atmos but my phone wouldn't, etc.

Just have to wait for the official release for it to sort itself out, it was just a glitchy accidental prerelease.

Exhibit A:

Attachments

• IMG_3476.jpeg
    IMG_3476.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Back