ABC - The Lexicon Of Love (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming in August 2023; SDE Blu-Ray #12)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In another interesting twist, I think they might be using the new SW stereo mix on disc one of the 'deluxe edition' on Apple Music? Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems to exhibit the same drier sound and other characteristics of the Atmos mix like the louder, wider-panned backing vocals in "Many Happy Returns" and "Date Stamp".

Well, so much for that. It only took a few days of availability to shut this convo down. 😄 I also am one of those that really hope they release the Blu ray alone, since I have no use for vinyl right now.

25MAY2023: Just to clarify, the mix I heard is "wrong" because of my setup, but it still sounded great hearing the mix surrounding me. If I'm not tapped out for cash...and if they release a blu ray only or a blu ray/CD version...I'll pick this up.

Last edited:
Hey Frank, can you confirm or deny if any of the other non-album tracks that came out are mixed in Atmos/surround? Particularly, "Theme from Man Trap" (a version of Poison Arrow) and "Overture"? These are absolute jewels that it would be sheerly incredible to have in surround.
Hey Bright, I have to do a mea culpa on this one. According to the reviewer at Immersive Audio, ‘Overture’ and ‘Theme From Mantrap’ are NOT mixed in Atmos. I’m sorry for the misinformation.
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/com...EMAIL_ID]&mc_cid=7f9882590e&mc_eid=c761044612

In another interesting twist, I think they might be using the new SW stereo mix on disc one of the 'deluxe edition' on Apple Music? Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems to exhibit the same drier sound and other characteristics of the Atmos mix like the louder, wider-panned backing vocals in "Many Happy Returns" and "Date Stamp".
Another great read on your IAA article Jonathan.

I’m wondering if the 3db boost for Center vocals you made, will still be needed with the eventual Dolby TrueHD in hand? And do any of the original stereo versions seem to have slightly buried vocals in them?

Ordered before I even read the whole email. What a year it has been for surround!

This would only be better if SW's instrumental mixes were in surround + the 'overture' B-side.

Way to go Paul! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you - can you work your magic on getting the Atmos mix of The Church's new album "The Hypnogogue" onto an SDE exclusive release? I love the Atmos mix available on Apple.

Back