ABC - The Lexicon Of Love (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming in August 2023; SDE Blu-Ray #12)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Sweden we did definitely not call this new wave, that name was more used for new rock music in the punk era that was not punk, like Graham Parker, Elvis Costello and The Pretenders. I know these categorisations and labels can sometimes differ a lot between countries - the most obvious example in Sweden is Prog(ressive) Rock, which in Sweden stands for folk/rock/pop from the 70's with political lyrics in Swedish. go figure :unsure:
Same in the UK, to me ABC are pure Pop!

Pure Pop for me too like Duran Duran

Hair bands were played on the radio where I lived. Yes Duran Duran had MTV video's along with ABC, but to call them popular at the time would be a reach. Thank God for Nirvana which kicked the hair bands to the curb.

I'd love to hear his take on 90125, but I doubt he'd be interested, even though he's done the core Yes '70s catalogue.
I remember him praising "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" in one of the Album Years podcasts - if the label commissioned that one track as an Atmos single for streaming (as was done for A-Ha's "Take On Me"), I bet he'd do it.

Wow! I bought this while serving Her Maj in Jakarta, Indonesia. Was always on the record player. New Romantic - bring me my frilly shirt!

Credit card at the ready if he does 90125 šŸ¤‘
He said it was too AOR for him, I think it was a post right here on this forum. Edit: Yep.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/further-yes-reissues.20562/#post-257166
I remember him praising "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" in one of the Album Years podcasts - if the label commissioned that one track as an Atmos single for streaming (as was done for A-Ha's "Take On Me"), I bet he'd do it.
Maybe he softened his stance...

Back