Action Figures & Other Memorabilia (Multichannel Artists only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one's for @Sonik Wiz View attachment 79878
Cowboy Bebop was one of the first series that hooked me on anime. Back in February of 2001, i told an apathetic group of seniors that if they would turn their work in, We would watch an episode of an awesome anime series as a reward. Sure enough, on Friday, all of them had done their work, so We watched "Asteroid Blues." They, too, were hooked! Eventually, i had them writing about themes and characterization in the episodes . . . and reading subtitles! As the first episode's title suggests, music is a big part of the series (other titles: "Stray Dog Strut," "Honky Tonk Women," "Gateway Shuffle," "Ballad of Fallen Angels," "Sympathy for the Devil," "Heavy Metal Queen," . . . you get the idea!). Composer Kanno Yōko's fabulous score sounds great in Dolby True HD 5.1 on the blu ray set and the film, as does the entire soundscape. I've included the dvds for the artwork and as throwback to those heady daze [sic] when a group of seniors and i looked forward to our Friday forays into anime heaven!
Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

If Yoko Kanno is involved with a project you can count on the music contributing a very large part to it. I have the complete series on Blu-ray & both the English & Japanese versions have 5.1 surround & I agree it's very good. Ya know, when there is already a good surround mix of music in a case like this, isn't it frustrating how it doesn't make it to a legit OST release?

Darn cute little figures of Ein and Edward there!

I acquired this Lennon poster in the late eighties. One day I walked into my favorite record store and saw they were taking it out of the window. I knew the owner well since I was a regular and one of his best customers. I asked him what he was going to do with that poster. He said they were just going to give it away. So since I was the first to ask about it he gave it to me. My lucky day. It’s been hanging in my home theater room ever since.
E7861A47-E225-4C1D-82DE-57B56269E67A.jpeg

If Yoko Kanno is involved with a project you can count on the music contributing a very large part to it. I have the complete series on Blu-ray & both the English & Japanese versions have 5.1 surround & I agree it's very good. Ya know, when there is already a good surround mix of music in a case like this, isn't it frustrating how it doesn't make it to a legit OST release?

Darn cute little figures of Ein and Edward there!
Next time my wife and i head to Japan, . . .
1654621219219.png

https://www.allmusic.com/album/cowboy-bebop-original-soundtrack--mw0000984943https://www.discogs.com/release/220...anno-Cowboy-Bebop-CD-Box-Original-Sound-Track

I have that! But only MP3 a friend gifted me from his CD. It is as good as you would expect it to be. What is odd tho, is sometimes there will be a full ~3min song of which just maybe 10 secs is used in the show. At least a few times. Mainly it is used just for music background say, during a long shot to establish location.

It wasn't until a few years ago when I saw these on ebay that I realized that the images on the cover of Pink Floyd 'Relics' LP (the American version) were actually bottle openers!
With a little research I found how to tell an original from a knock off copy (there's a number stamped inside) and bought them to adorn my outdoor shower!

PXL_20220607_195301358.jpg
PXL_20220607_195307593.jpg

A rare 14"x14" lenticular of the Rolling Stones' Their Satanic Majesties Request LP.
(Unfortunately this album was not mixed in multichannel)
View attachment 79915
True, the album is not (yet!?) available in multichannel, but the Stones (or as Funkadelic called them, the Drones, which, depending on your take of the album, might be appropriate–me, i dig the record!) fall under the umbrella of "Multichannel Artists," so i love it! And you got the @haikubass stamp of approval through a like! Your post takes me back to the daze when i dropped out of college and had no job and had to sell some albums to pay the rent; a lenticular cover of Their Satanic Majesties Request fetched top dollar, so i let it go. Over forty years later, i still regret selling it! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

Yet another example of a Multichannel Artist represented by an album not – yet?! – available in a surround mix:
222E86E2-A3E5-415E-888B-5CA81A430E1B_1_105_c.jpeg

But what an album! One of the all-time-great debuts . . . and one of my favorite Funko Pops!
Have you ever been experienced?

Well, I have
Ah, let me prove it to you . . .

Back