Adjusting rear or surround speakers louder than the fronts

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A joystick on a remote control unit would be pretty exciting.
in theory that is kind of what Atmos is. There is an "Object" and the engineer probably uses a joystick or something similar to place it in the intended location.

on my system i don't adjust on the fly very much but i do have my rears up just a touch (1dB I think) and the Atmos a bit hotter (2dB if I recall).

My fronts are studio monitors (Emotiva Pro Stealth-8s), but my backs are powered by an old stereo amplifier, so I can simply get up from my chair and turn the volume control.
I use Dynamic EQ with -5db offset on Apple Music and Disney+ streaming, it raises the surrounds and heights and subs , and I like it. ;)

Are there "scene" buttons and do the scene buttons remember different channel volumes.
Yes, I believe the scene functions does 'store' different volumes. I don't use the scene functions so I'm not that familiar with it.
I was already to say NO it doesn't store volume servings but I see under 'detail', there is a setting. But it is a 'Master Volume', not different unique speaker levels for each of the 4 scenes.
See attachment.
So it would store what you see in the attachment but it could be overall quieter or louder.

Attachments

• 16753811236523127361534665356275.jpg
    16753811236523127361534665356275.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm so glad that my playback equipment is all analogue! It is so easy to simply twiddle a few knobs. Whether we are talking adjusting balance or basic tone (bass, treble) you can't beat the simplicity of the vintage stuff!

There is no reason that modern AVR's can't be made much more user friendly!

I'm so glad that my playback equipment is all analogue! It is so easy to simply twiddle a few knobs. Whether we are talking adjusting balance or basic tone (bass, treble) you can't beat the simplicity of the vintage stuff!

I'm with you there. My Yamaha AVR I bought off of craig's list was simply too loaded with features, power, and great sound for me to pass on for the price. While it has HDMI, I'm using analog inputs "in" exclusively. HDMI from my players goes to the TV directly. The AVR has a component output that goes to the TV for settings, etc. But I like my AVR to handle sound, and my HDMI (from players) to handle picture to TV. I'm trying for simplicity, and it's a fight.

In today's world, it's a menu obsession and it kind of sucks.

Fortunately, for me, most of my stuff is old analog, too.

Doug

Back