Aerosmith - Get Your Wings??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only problem with Get Your Wings in quad is they used an edited-down version of "Woman Of The World" (presumably to balance out the program lengths on the Q8 tape?). Rocks is my favorite, the surround effect on "Back In The Saddle" with the horses galloping around the room is great.
I never noticed Woman of the World being edited down, but I did notice backup singers and horns that I don't remember from the stereo mix. There are also horns on Pandora's Box. Lord of the Thighs is missing that "Wooo" in the chorus. I don't remember if that is a vocal or a keyboard effect in the stereo mix.

SQ ALBUM TIMES

16467853144056290569178589255187.jpg
16467853698291946395207905187478.jpg

Another strange Aerosmith development. I heard Get Your Wings was the old quad on Amazon and Tidal, so I went to listen on my system. Woman Of The World was playing as "360", but was the full length track without the background vocals etc. There is ambiance in the rear speakers, and played as 360, but it's not the quad for me. What are you guys finding?

Back