Aerosmith Rocks and Toys quad cd

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Here I am with another post and question here. I just picked up on ebay what was described as a Japanese import Original Master Quadraphonic cd of two Aerosmith releases Rocks and Toys in the Attic. Its a silver cd but I can't tell if its legit or a bootleg. The cover art resembles the old Moble Fidelity releases as far as I recall. I'm suspicious as aerosmith is mispelled as awrosmith on the edge label, the cd label has theattic run together as one word and is marked not for sale promotion only. It bears a code DFF-01.

As I do not yet have a quad system set up I can't tell if these are the matrix encoded versions. I may have been had here. :(
If anyone is interested in testing it I can send a cdr just PM me.

Thanks

jefe1 said:
Here I am with another post and question here. I just picked up on ebay what was described as a Japanese import Original Master Quadraphonic cd of two Aerosmith releases Rocks and Toys in the Attic. Its a silver cd but I can't tell if its legit or a bootleg. The cover art resembles the old Moble Fidelity releases as far as I recall. I'm suspicious as aerosmith is mispelled as awrosmith on the edge label, the cd label has theattic run together as one word and is marked not for sale promotion only. It bears a code DFF-01.

As I do not yet have a quad system set up I can't tell if these are the matrix encoded versions. I may have been had here. :(
If anyone is interested in testing it I can send a cdr just PM me.

Thanks

You "may" have a copy of the matrix encoded versions, but most of the Original Master cd's are poor quality bootlegs.

Malcolm

Malcolm2010 said:
You "may" have a copy of the matrix encoded versions, but most of the Original Master cd's are poor quality bootlegs.

Malcolm

Having listened to this a few times now I can hear some subtle pops and clicks and somewhat weak sound, leading me to conclude this cd was recorded from lps. Probably they are the matrix versions. As the seller has been delisted by ebay this is surely a bootleg. Caveat emptor
:(

On the other hand, I just picked up three classical SQ albums from the Amoeba music store, ranging from $2-$5 :eek:

Back