HiRez Poll Aerosmith - TOYS IN THE ATTIC [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Aerosmith - TOYS IN THE ATTIC

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
From Columbia: Comments and Observations Please.......(y) (n)

R-2014591-1347233654-4171.jpeg.jpg

R-2014591-1277482352.jpeg.jpg

Sonically, a bit spotty, but overall a great mix. Walk This Way and Sweet Emotion are amazing!! Nice job. 7

I had to get this one out of the collection and listen to it again. Quite glad i did, I just listened to the Q8 about a week ago, and thought i prefered that to the SACD. But after listening to them just a week apart, the SACD is quite an enjoyable surround mix also. I gave it a 9. :)

An '8'....while I don't love the music--or the band--with any particular fervor, a very pleasing, smart mix, works nicely the louder I can stand it! :p

ED :)

My second favorite Aerosmith album after the excellent first album. Rocks is my third. I like this disc except for the vocals sometimes. Especially on No More No More you can really hear that some of the vocals sound a little flat becasue the are more separated from everything else. Listen to it all the time though.

Over all: 8

Pretty good 70's rock album with a competent mix that slightly improves the album for me. I just picked it up and it won't likely be played much as it is about my 200th favorite surround disc. Still a strong 7 here.

Chris

Guess I need to give this another spin. My biggest complaint about the disk is that it isnt a Hybrid. Otherwise I like the music a lot.

Never voted on this one I see.

Nice surround mixes on some of the tracks but a little flat sounding with a "veil" over some of the tracks.

I didn't notice a "veil"on any of the tracks.....btw I gave it a ten[this is how every Aerosmith album should sound].

Classic songs make up for any shortfalls which are few and slight, mostly from it's vintage. I sleep-learned the Q8 back in the day and it was fun from the very first play. This SACD does a very nice job of bringing back that vibe. This album came out in the golden age when the quad version was available at the onset, so I didn't have to punt with stereo and wait.

I'm going to give it a totally unfair vote of 1. Why? Because for me it is a waste of plastic. Every time I take this one out for a spin, it leaves me disappointed, wishing for the quad mix. I rarely listen to it, but every now and then enough time passes that I forget what a waste this is.

I`m giving the sacd an 8 for the fact its a good album and mix but not one of my favorites. Wish I could hear the quad version to tell the differences besides the extra channel. Its not a waste of time and plastic though.

I sometimes throw this on just to hear the intro to "Sweet Emotion". The instantly recognizable bass line and Joe Perry's talkbox moves around the room and sets up the listener for some great classic rock. I have yet to hear the quad that Army speaks of but would love to (he does great work!)

I'll give this a 7.

Dan

Sorry to bump an old thread.

Aerosmith's my favorite band, so I had to grab this eventually. Got a copy and listened to it in the car and now in the house. I like it a lot better in the house, but there are a few niggling things with it. There's sort of an echo effect where they tried to mix the guitar solos in all 5 channels and sometimes it just doesn't work all that well. I'm also not a fan of the compression on the drums, and the weird effect they put on the snare in "Uncle Salty" during the "sunny day outside my window" section.

But Jebus do I love the mix on "Adam's Apple". Especially in the house where the speakers match a lot better, the effect is nice.

Back