Quad LP/Tape Poll Aerosmith: Toys In The Attic [SQ/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Toys"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: Mediocrity Central

• 1: Sux

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Columbia PCQ 33479, from 1975.

Side 1:

Toys in the Attic
Uncle Salty
Adam's Apple
Walk This Way
Big Ten Inch Record

Side 2:

Sweet Emotion
No More No More
Round and Round
You See Me Crying

On the Q8, "Uncle Salty" and "Round and Round" are switched to even out the timing.

ED :)

10. Great toons, great mix. I prefer listening in hi-res on the SACD, but this is as good as Quad rock gets.

Honey was the words I said.

130388158008.jpg
300165584082.jpg

I like ROCKS for the more adventurous mix, but this one's very solid; an '8'. If these guys coulda written songs as strong as Mick & Keith, would be a 10.

The interesting thing about the early years of the band is that, while they did have a few Top 40 hits, until the rerelease of "Dream On" in late 1975(this time album length, not that hideous '73 edit/mix), they didn't have the 'big one' on radio. "Dream On" and "Walk This Way" are classics now (of a sort), but there were other singles pretty much ignored at the time, and "Sweet Emotion" which did good business, didn't do as well as it deserved. Did get to see these guys a few times in Boston, and what I liked was that they played with a strong party vibe: as if they were already buzzed before they got to the stage, kept it going during the show, and continued long into the night. They understood the Rock'n'roll heart, however sloppy their playing could sometimes be.

A solid "9". SQ LP Sounds great and finding this in near mint condition recently was a real treat.

Back