Air 10 000 Hz Legend (20th Anniversary with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos Mixes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my order yesterday, and while I did give most of it a quick listen, I am going to wait until my sinus infection passes and my hearing gets back to normal to give a review/feedback on this release. Anyone else give it a spin?

This isn't a group that I was at all familiar with until now. I've listened to the ATMOS mix on Apple Music and am thoroughly enjoying it! I've added all of Air's albums to my Apple music favorites and I'm working my way through them everyday, along with replaying 10 000 HZ Legend. My copy shipped from Burning Shed on Nov 2nd so, based on previous orders, I should receive it in a couple of weeks. But until then, it sounds great on Apple music.

For those that have pre-ordered this, you will be pleased. The ATMOS mix of this via Apple/Tidal is exceptionally good. The album is what I would label as avant-garde electronica and the mixer has adopted the same approach extracting surround sound effects that are pushing the boundaries of this format. (Very original approach yielding some surround effects , that I haven’t noticed before. A true work of sonic art.)
Very impressed and will probably look at buying the disc version.

Agreed. I also knew next to nothing about this band, but I like the music (and the participation of Beck), and the Atmos mix is first-rate. I'm in for the set--and if, as longtime fans say, the other albums are better, then good: maybe we'll eventually get those, too!

Agreed. I also knew next to nothing about this band, but I like the music (and the participation of Beck), and the Atmos mix is first-rate. I'm in for the set--and if, as longtime fans say, the other albums are better, then good: maybe we'll eventually get those, too!

Moon Safari.. that's the one i'm keeping an eye (and four ears) out for from Air in Atmos.. its a masterpiece, i'm utterly amazed it hasn't been remixed in 5.1 already!! 🤞🤩

Just got my copy from Amazon, listening to it now.

Moon Safari is Ace.

This one is very good in Atmos.

Mine shipped two days ago from Deep Discount. Loved the samples I heard. BUY THIS and MOON SAFARI will be a shoo in for a 5.1/ATMOS release!

BTW, Farmer Mike, an 18 pound POTATO was uncovered Down Under. Supposedly, the largest EVER!

Mine shipped two days ago from Deep Discount. Loved the samples I heard. BUY THIS and MOON SAFARI will be a shoo in for a 5.1/ATMOS release!

BTW, Farmer Mike, an 18 pound POTATO was uncovered Down Under. Supposedly, the largest EVER!
Oz like to do it bigger!!

Must be something it's being fed on...or surrounded with spud love ❤

This is so good, that I'm putting it on repeat.

Just hope those Pommes Frites don't repeat on you, Mike!

Great to hear. Cannot wait for my copy!

But I did receive 6 stereo SACDs and one multi~CH SACD today from Elusive Disc ... more than enough to keep me aurally stimulated!

Mine arrived yesterday, from Bull Moose, they may my go to from now on. Great prices and arrived ahead of release date.

Other than some issues with Apple's Music app, I am enjoying the album a lot. Never heard of the group before this was released.

The weird thing is I will most likely be listening to the Atmos version. I have a 5.1 system with most likely no understanding of Atmos, but the Atmos version is much better that the 5.1. It is so much better the 5.1 might as well be mono.

This one is a winner. While this isn't my favorite Air album by far, this Atmos mix is killer. Someone above compared its aggressiveness to the recent Yello mix, and while I agree, this one is less "gimmicky" in my opinion. I don't have graphs to confirm, but at times it sounded like there were backing vocals and effects discrete to the height speakers only. Make sure you like the tunes before you order, but again, the mix is fantastic.

Back