Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

Barbazul

Received today and I’m really enjoying it!! :SB Agreed with opinions that state that this is in the same level of Kraftwerk 3D & Yello, I would add Booka Shade’s Dear Future Self. This will be played continuosly for sure!!
I hope Talkie Walkie have the same treatment!!

A strong 9 for me ;)

Last edited:

Hamilton59

QQ Lifetime Supporter
Air - 10 000 Hz Legend

I received my disc 4 days ago and have listened to it many, many times since then. I first listened to this several times on Apple Music and liked it but I don't recall it, or the ATMOS mix, sounding anywhere near as good as this disc sounds! Just an outstanding surround mix. I'd put this ATMOS mix up there along with King Crimson's In The Court Of The Crimson King (The Complete 1969 Recordings), Yello's Point, and Kraftwerk's 3D The Catalogue.

It starts with a little bit of a Pink Floyd - On The Run type synths sections that I wish they did more of....I love those trippy synths! They have several vocalists, some with effected vocals, but one part sounds like Bryan Ferry / Roxy Music / Eno-ish to me. You have a Beck Hansen song with trippy background electronics (he's on 2 cuts). I hear a little bit of Flaming Lips and Super Furry Animals sounds as well.

I believe someone posted on another thread that they didn't care for the packaging and had already torn the cardboard putting the disc in it's section. I've didn't like digging into that slot either so I moved the liner notes to that section and put the blu-ray disc in the outer, easy to access section.

I'm going to have to check out Air's other releases now!

This is an easy 10 for me!

AYanguas

300 Club - QQ All-Star
I just have a first listen to the Blu-Ray Atmos.

It is really discrete with sounds coming from different locations. What has caught my attention has been voices and drums in some tracks coming from above in a very obvious an loud way. Also in the track Radio #1 voice (each verse) coming from different locations each.

The different sounds come from wide locations. I mean, you don't identify clearly the speaker, but a wide zone from the sound comes. It uses the Wide Speakers a lot, so good return from a 9.1.4 system.

On the negative side for me, In some of the tracks I feel a subtle smudged sound, in the bass and in the cymbals high frequencies. I think it is intentional this type of sound master, but when you get used to other super clear mixes like, say, Golden Bonana from Mr. Afternoon, then you hear the rest slightly smudged.

It is at the level of Yello Point, Kraftwerk, or Booka Shade, with respect to the use of discrete Atmos mix. This makes you to enjoy a lot even if the music itself is not your most preferred style.

I will give this only a 9, because of the not very clear pristine sound for me. Perhaps will update after more listens.

Last edited:

ogrequad

I never would have given this one a second glance if it weren't for this forum, but I am so glad I picked it up. Really loving this album, which reminds me equally of Kraftwerk, Ween, and Beck with just a bit of Floyd trippiness for good measure, and the surround mix is just fantastic. I've only listened to the DTS-HD mix, as I don't have Atmos capabilities yet, but it is still a fully immersive experience. One of my favorite recent surround purchases!