Akai repair

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

healey1006

I've got an Akai GX280DSS in need of repair. Anyone know of a shop in New Jersey who could fix it?

I can't help you with a shop in New Jersey. What is wrong with it? Maybe I can help. Can you work on it yourself? I have two of these machines and know a lot about control problems and the machine going into perpetual autoreverse, and about the machine in general.

The Quadfather

it keeps frying the fuse. Although I can do mechanical work on cars and motorcycles, I have no abilities when it comes to electronics repair. I've also got a Pioneer qx949 that needs work. I've had that repaired a couple of times. Funny thing is that the POS General Electric combination 8 track, phono and am/fm stereo I've had in my garage for years has never given me a problem and it's subjected to heat, cold, dust and dirt. Go figure.

Could be a capacitor in the power supply. These units also have a lot of AC circuits that can short out. I have a service manual if you need one. Contact me at [email protected] if you need one.

The Quadfather

Back