Al Stewart - Time Passages (Alan Parsons 5.1 mix out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mail recovery center is where banged up packages and bent letters with hard to read addresses take a rest. They get drinks and naps ....or is it the employees?

I hope this doesnt lead to Amazon starting a mail delivery service.
The more you mail the more amazon points you earn.

Got mine last week from Cherry Red. Got around to listening to the surround mix today. I actually liked this album more than I thought I would. It was an apt follow up to "Year of the Cat".
When it was first released I was put off a bit by the title track, which was over played at the time, so I avoided it. These sets from Cherry Red are very good value.

Got mine last week from Cherry Red. Got around to listening to the surround mix today. I actually liked this album more than I thought I would. It was an apt follow up to "Year of the Cat".
When it was first released I was put off a bit by the title track, which was over played at the time, so I avoided it. These sets from Cherry Red are very good value.
It is easily the equal of YOTC, IMO.

Well mine still hasn't arrived. I checked my shipping tracker, and found this!

Late.jpg

It's freaking November 6 and it's still 'out there' somewhere. Maybe it stopped by some Al Stewart freak's house so it could be checked out. Who knows with the USPS these days

Mine arrived in the Pittsburgh distribution center on Oct 26 and still has not moved. Anyone else still have this situation as well?

On another note. I renewed my passport and I did it extremely early because the processing time has recently been reported as 14 weeks. Of course, because I don't need it right away, the state department only took 19 days from the time they received my application until the new passport arrived in my mailbox. Go figure. :smokin

Mine arrived in the Pittsburgh distribution center on Oct 26 and still has not moved. Anyone else still have this situation as well?
I have the exact same situation. I emailed importCD about this topic, they haven't responded yet.
In my experience, it means those shipments have been lost, at least temporarily. They may not actually be in Pittsburgh, but an arrival in Pittsburgh was the last scan the package received. It may show up tomorrow, next week, next month, it may never show up. The best bet is to complain to the vendor and have them initiate another shipment. If you paid with Paypal (I always do), you can file a complaint with Paypal as well. Its amazing how quickly they act when Paypal gets involved.

I've had this happen a few times with Amazon and Ebay purchases. With a vendor like Amazon, they will typically send another shipment and sometimes they don't even require you to return the original when and if it shows up.

Actually, a bigger issue is cost. importCD was $59.27 shipped, Cherry Red would be $94.93 shipped.
I'm quite sure I paid far less than that but I would have to look it up. I pre-ordered which may of reduced the price. You may get better deals on shipping within the US. Shipping to Canada from the US or from the UK will likely not be that much different.

Yes, but they aren't Anderson's, or Tull's label, which is Chrysalis.

I don't see any mention of Cherry Red in the ownership chain on Wikipedia?

Chrysalis Records

EDIT: Sorry... wrong release. somehow I got my Tull and my Steward mixed up.
Cherry Red is mainly a re-release label similar to Rhino and DV. So it's no different in ordering direct from Cherry Red or ordering direct from Dutton Vocalion. Their releases are licensed from the original label.

On another note. I renewed my passport and I did it extremely early because the processing time has recently been reported as 14 weeks. Of course, because I don't need it right away, the state department only took 19 days from the time they received my application until the new passport arrived in my mailbox. Go figure. :smokin

Time Packages

In my experience, it means those shipments have been lost, at least temporarily. They may not actually be in Pittsburgh, but an arrival in Pittsburgh was the last scan the package received. It may show up tomorrow, next week, next month, it may never show up. The best bet is to complain to the vendor and have them initiate another shipment. If you paid with Paypal (I always do), you can file a complaint with Paypal as well. Its amazing how quickly they act when Paypal gets involved.

I've had this happen a few times with Amazon and Ebay purchases. With a vendor like Amazon, they will typically send another shipment and sometimes they don't even require you to return the original when and if it shows up.

Technically, the package won't be considered "late" until tomorrow. My experience has been that as soon as I complain, the package miraculously shows up. :smokin

Back