Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat" (Remixed in 5.1 surround by Alan Parsons!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full text for you it was Esoteric not cherry red

Mark and myself would like to wish you all a happy new year- hopefully a better one than 2020. We still managed some great releases this year despite challenging covid related situations with manufacturing and distribution and mail order. Huge thanks to all Cherry Reds staff and the retailers and distributors who who kept the show on the road. Some great things to come in 2021 including terrific 5.1,packages of Al Stewart’s Year of the Cat and Time Passages, an excellent new upmix of Jon Anderson’s Olias of Sunhillow , Be Bops new wave masterpiece Drastic Plastic and new studio albums with The Strawbs , Jane Getter and Rosalie Cunningham with more to come. As always many thanks to all of you who have supported the label, now on its 14th year.

Esoteric FB 12-27-20.jpg

DeepDiscount has a 15% off coupon.
Today's Order
ProductQtyCostTotal
Year Of The Cat: 45th Anniversary Deluxe Edition [Import]
Al Stewart
CD
Release date: 4/2/2021
Pre-order
$56.49$56.49
Subtotal
Promo Code: GIFT4ME
Standard Shipping
Sales Tax
Total
$8.47

6.5%
$56.49
($8.47)
$0.00
$3.12
$51.14
Wow! Thanks Merlin for the heads up. Great price, almost $7 cheaper than Importcds.
Wondering if I should cancel my pre-order @ Importcds?..........................
.......Yes, I went & ordered this & canceled the importcds pre-order.

Last edited:
In the comment section on their Facebook post a lot of people were making specific requests. Esoteric responded by saying that they could not give specific answers regarding anything that was not currently on a release schedule. But they did say that several people who made requests would be "happy bunnies" in 2021.

:) :LB 🐇🐰

One of those requests came from one of our very own mods asking about future Alan Parsons releases.

:bowing::51QQ

It's a tremendous album, but frankly...I'm only interested in just one track.

*sigh* I wonder what it would cost (then again, I wonder how much money it would make somebody who could license, and put this together), if we could get a various-artist disc of surround mixes of just major, trippy singles of this caliber, from that period in history, in surround.

Well, a penny-pincher can dream....

It's a tremendous album, but frankly...I'm only interested in just one track.

*sigh* I wonder what it would cost (then again, I wonder how much money it would make somebody who could license, and put this together), if we could get a various-artist disc of surround mixes of just major, trippy singles of this caliber, from that period in history, in surround.

Well, a penny-pincher can dream....

"On the Border" is a track that got some airplay, and is very likable upon a few listens. You might find that you end up liking that track as well as others on the album. It's a very accessible album, especially if you like the title track.

DeepDiscount has a 15% off coupon.
Today's Order
ProductQtyCostTotal
Year Of The Cat: 45th Anniversary Deluxe Edition [Import]
Al Stewart
CD
Release date: 4/2/2021
Pre-order
$56.49$56.49
Subtotal
Promo Code: GIFT4ME
Standard Shipping
Sales Tax
Total

$8.47

6.5%
$56.49
($8.47)
$0.00
$3.12
$51.14

I've never ordered from DeepDiscount before placing my preorder for this title. Are they a reputable seller? I'm a little nervous trusting a vendor that I've never bought from before, for a release that I am this excited for.

I've never ordered from DeepDiscount before placing my preorder for this title. Are they a reputable seller? I'm a little nervous trusting a vendor that I've never bought from before, for a release that I am this excited for.
Deep Discount & ImportCD are one and the same. Obviously, they are reputable. That said, I ordered mine from ImportCD a week ago....Discount hadn't offered the bargain yet. I think it's important to stick with a vendor once you order. If you jerk around and cancel....then I feel like you risk falling lower on the list to receive. JMO, obviously.

Deep Discount & ImportCD are one and the same. Obviously, they are reputable. That said, I ordered mine from ImportCD a week ago....Discount hadn't offered the bargain yet. I think it's important to stick with a vendor once you order. If you jerk around and cancel....then I feel like you risk falling lower on the list to receive. JMO, obviously.
Cool, thanks for the info.

"On the Border" is a track that got some airplay, and is very likable upon a few listens. You might find that you end up liking that track as well as others on the album. It's a very accessible album, especially if you like the title track.
Yes, 'On The Border' is a good song as is the 1st song, 'Lord Grenville'. That's a great song.

Last edited:
I believe I heard that also, that Importcds/ Deep discount are the same.
Though their prices & specials do differ. Like now with the YOTC pre-order.

Last edited:
Back