Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat" (Remixed in 5.1 surround by Alan Parsons!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used Deep Discount for years and speed and customer service are not their strong points. I only buy from them if they are either the cheapest or the only source for an item. I am just used to their quirks. Be aware that I usually get my CDs or whatever from them in those sticky cardboard mailer thingies that can only be cut or torn open. They are fairly protective but I hate them. I always eventually got a refund or whatever if there were issues.

Jut a word of caution about ordering or attempting to cancel orders with Deep Discount: Yesterday morning I paced an order for what I thought was the complete SONS OF ANARCY series on blu ray discs. Well, it turned out to be the DVD set and within 10 minutes I contacted their service department via email to CANCEL the order, explaining in detail my error. Then this morning, I get a shipping notice that the order was SHIPPED. This is the THIRD time this has happened to me. Their service department is USELESS!!!!!!

I fired them back another email stating that I was going to cancel my credit card charge and demanded they send me a return receipt with prepaid postage.

If this had been Amazon, you can cancel an order with a mere click provided it's not already enroute...but in my experience with Deep Discount, they NEVER ship an order out that fast especially when they have their 15% off sales.

So BEWARE: Make sure your original order is correct and if you did order doubles of a disc from them and another vendor ... good luck in canceling THAT order with DD. They'll send it ANYWAY!

Thanks for the heads up on this.
That's poor customer service on Deep Discount's part, regardless.
I'd do the charge back against them also tho it's a hassle.
Really, you shouldn't have to go that route!
I preordered, back in Dec., the upcoming Al Stewart- TYOTC release from them because they were the cheapest (..$49.81).
I hope I don't have to cancel 😲

I've used Deep Discount for years and speed and customer service are not their strong points. I only buy from them if they are either the cheapest or the only source for an item. I am just used to their quirks. Be aware that I usually get my CDs or whatever from them in those sticky cardboard mailer thingies that can only be cut or torn open. They are fairly protective but I hate them. I always eventually got a refund or whatever if there were issues.

I, likewise, have been ordering from The Shark for years but this phenomenon has ONLY manifested itself in the past few months. In the past, if I canceled an order they emailed me within 48 hours and did as I requested but recently NO DICE ..... Some BS excuse is offered and the disc is shipped anyway.

I likewise have Stewart's YEAR OF THE Cat on pre~order. But these latest snafus on DD's part have left a bitter taste. Wonder if it's Covid related?

edit: Lo and Behold, JUST received this email from Deep Discount:

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

Hello,

We've sent you a prepaid postage label via mail so that you may return the item for a refund.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this one! I know Al isn’t fond of “Time Passages”, but I love that song and considering the success it achieved I hope that album in 5.1 will follow!

YES! I think it is a much stronger album overall than YOTC. I think parts of side 2 kinda bog down YOTC......for me at least. I think that Time Passages is just as good or even better. Songs like “Palace of Versailles”, Man For All Seasons”,“Life in Dark Water” and I love, love, Timeless Skies. I don’t know, maybe it is a wash between the two but I kinda see them as companion albums myself with TIme Passages having a stronger Alan Parsons influence.

I, likewise, have been ordering from The Shark for years but this phenomenon has ONLY manifested itself in the past few months. In the past, if I canceled an order they emailed me within 48 hours and did as I requested but recently NO DICE ..... Some BS excuse is offered and the disc is shipped anyway.

I likewise have Stewart's YEAR OF THE Cat on pre~order. But these latest snafus on DD's part have left a bitter taste. Wonder if it's Covid related?

edit: Lo and Behold, JUST received this email from Deep Discount:

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

Hello,

We've sent you a prepaid postage label via mail so that you may return the item for a refund.

They probably got wind of this type of scam from the main archcriminal :JPC.DE!!

They will not cancel any orders, even 5 minutes after you realized you just double ordered later, a day later. Nope. Have extra unopened Fleetwood Mac Rumours and Yello point as evidence. :D

They will not cancel any orders, even 5 minutes after you realized you just double ordered later, a day later. Nope. Have extra unopened Fleetwood Mac Rumours and Yello point as evidence. :D
Sorry to hear that, but I’ve never had to cancel or return any orders to them either

That’s nuts. You should have the right to cancel any order so long as it hasn’t already shipped.

Back