Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat" (Remixed in 5.1 surround by Alan Parsons!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes...the "honey do" lists....but Gos is one of the lucky ones....Mrs. Gos is what we used to call "a keeper"...she understands the fragile relationship of man and music...
You edited my quote by changing the word “stalkers” to “wives.” There was no implication of wives in my statement. In my case, it was our two cats who decided that the sole purpose of my existence was to be at their beckon call.

I pre ordered this from Cherry Red Records, and I see they charged my credit card yesterday, but upon order I never received a confirmation email from them. I guess I should email them and ask for one?

You edited my quote by changing the word “stalkers” to “wives.” There was no implication of wives in my statement. In my case, it was our two cats who decided that the sole purpose of my existence was to be at their beckon call.

Sometimes your friends have to intervene when courage is lacking...sure it was the cats...yeah right...blame it on those poor felines...uh huh :ROFLMAO:

I've never heard this, or any other Al Stewart album (yes, really). I just Youtube'd about half of the songs and I'm sold, but $87 shipped to NJ is a bit much. Hopefully a cheaper option arises. These songs are beautiful.
I purchased that album 1st release & I've seen Al Stewart a few times live. I like his music in general & esp that album. Having said that I agree with you the cost/pleasure ratio just isn't there for me. I almost never care, nor can afford, these giant box sets that contain mostly stuff I will never listen to or read the printed material. When the release centers on the original album & a reasonable price competitive such as some of the Alan Parson's catalog, then I'm in. Until then it's (hopefully) high res digital stereo & the Surround Master for me.

I pre ordered this from Cherry Red Records, and I see they charged my credit card yesterday, but upon order I never received a confirmation email from them. I guess I should email them and ask for one?

You don't get a confirmation email until it ships....Cherry has a rather long and detailed "contract" you enter in when you make a purchase from them

Back in January this year I boldly stated in the
'Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?' thread
(post #156)
----
My Dream List
I would pre-order all of these immediately :

Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled [ Alan Parsons produced & engineered, should also do the surround mix ]
P.D.Q. Bach - 1712 Overture & Other Musical Assaults [ balloons popping in surround ... Goose Bumps !! ]
Robin Trower - Bridge Of Sighs
The Eagles - Desperado
Tower of Power - Bump City
The Outlaws - debut album
Camel - Moon Madness, Breathless
Andreas Vollenweider - White Winds
War - All Day Music, Deliver The Word, World Is A Ghetto
Enya - Watermark
The Who - Who's Next
Flim & The BBs - Tricycle, Big Notes
10cc - Bloody Tourists
Al Stewart - Year of the Cat [ Alan Parsons produced, should also do the surround mix ]
----

So, putting my monies where my mouth is, Pre-Order completed this morning for Year Of The Cat ;)

Last edited:
'Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?'
thread:
----
My Dream List

Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled [ Alan Parsons produced & engineered, should also do the surround mix ]
P.D.Q. Bach - 1712 Overture & Other Musical Assaults [ balloons popping in surround ... Goose Bumps !! ]
The Eagles - Desperado
Enya - Watermark
The Who - Who's Next
10cc - Bloody Tourists
Al Stewart - Year of the Cat [ Alan Parsons produced, should also do the surround mix ]
----

This morning I stood by my word, Pre-Order completed for Year Of The Cat ;)
Nice list BTW! :)

I was surprised to read on Wikipedia that you can have data in both VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders, and I wonder how often that's actually done.
Almost all DVD-As have some video content; a menu, at the very least. Most have static images or a slideshow while the music is playing. Some even have lyrics. All of this video content—the menu included—lives in the VIDEO_TS folder. I don't think I've seen a single professionally authored DVD-A with an empty VIDEO_TS. Homebrew is a different story, obviously.

thread:
----
My Dream List

The Eagles - Desperado
Enya - Watermark
The Who - Who's Next
10cc - Bloody Tourists
----

This morning I stood by my word, Pre-Order completed for Year Of The Cat ;)
Bridge of Sighs is so awesome...love that one...I don't know how much Flim & The BBs would benefit from a surround treatment...the CDs sound so good I'd love to hear those using the Surround Master

Last edited:
I don't know how much Flim & The BBs would benefit from a surround treatment...the CDs sound so good I'd love to hear those using thru the Surround Master
I never cease to be amazed by the dynamic range of my Flim & The BBs CDs. GREAT for listening at home, but not so much in the car.

thread:
----
My Dream List

The Eagles - Desperado
Enya - Watermark
The Who - Who's Next
10cc - Bloody Tourists
----

So, putting my monies where my mouth is, Pre-Order completed this morning for Year Of The Cat ;)
I 'm with you on most of these, especially the Florida Guitar Army, Tampa Bay's very own Outlaws! Bridge of Sighs would be next for me. Got me some quad War, doubt we'll see any more but one can hope.

Back