Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat" (Remixed in 5.1 surround by Alan Parsons!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve dragged my wife to numerous Al Stewart concerts in the past five years or so, including one where we drove almost 200 miles to see him. At first she was skeptical but she was won over by his British accent and humor. This included one extremely crazy show at the Aladdin here in Portland.

What year was that show? I've see Al at the Aladdin Theater in Portland a few times.

Pre-ordered!

Footnote: Esoteric could possibly issue a stand-alone Blu Ray disc (ala Chris Squire - Fish Out Of Water); and if they do it will be my esteemed privilege to purchase that too! :SB

If a standalone blu-ray is released, I will buy that too. However, my experience (to date) with 5.1 DVDs in box sets has been very good.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before. It's unclear to me whether DVD stands for DVD-A or DVD-V. No problem with the lossless stereo track, but there's no mention of the format for the 5.1 mix. Would this be DTS 96/24 or lossless? Thanks

Apologies if this has been mentioned before. It's unclear to me whether DVD stands for DVD-A or DVD-V. No problem with the lossless stereo track, but there's no mention of the format for the 5.1 mix. Would this be DTS 96/24 or lossless? Thanks

DVD~V DTS 96/24 LOSSY. Which is why I'm hoping for a future stand alone LOSSLESS BD~A 5.1!

Thank you for posting information on Al Stewart -- I pre-ordered just now.

There is a code which is mean't to give 10% off including pre-orders == did not work for me but might for somebody else.

XMAS10

What year was that show? I've see Al at the Aladdin Theater in Portland a few times.

I believe it was the time before last. He played out in Forest Grove I think it was last time through. The last Alladin show was good but it didn’t have the same energy or crowd size which likely was due to him just coming through not long back. He tours relentlessly for someone his age. Anyway, his backing band even commented on the show on their Facebook page and said that it was the best audience that they had seen and remarked about the atmosphere. I think that the alcohol was flowing quite freely that night or something as the crowd was pumped up, Well, at least compared to what you would expect at a Al Stewart concert that is.

Finally pre-ordered the DRASTIC PLASTIC box, so I'll have to wait for my coffers to refill on this one (seems I have time).

Sigh. Another expensive box set. Yes, take that to another thread. . . .

Great news...
soooo....is this going to diplace the release of "The turn of a friendly card" in MCH???
We SHALL SEE!!!!

Maybe "Turn of a Friendly Card" will be out in April or May, hopefully followed by "I Robot" in the Fall.
Also, I'm hoping for a fall release of "Time Passages" in 5.1 too!

3 cheers for Esoteric!!!

:)

Maybe "Turn of a Friendly Card" will be out in April or May, hopefully followed by "I Robot" in the Fall.
Also, I'm hoping for a fall release of "Time Passages" in 5.1 too!

3 cheers for Esoteric!!!

:)
HIP HIP HOORAY.....HIP HIP HOORAY....HIP HIP HOORAY.....and I'm not talking about some hip hop song:cool:

I assume this will show up on US sites...right? I can't seem to keep straight when Cherry Red offers if it also offers from US vendors.
More money to the label if you do order direct from Cherry Red, and hopefully that'll encourage more surround!

PS: your idea of a spreadsheet helps no end keeping track of purchases but, the scary bit is (including P&P & import tax) :eek: I have spent £3123.36 on music this year!! At least most of it is in surround :love:

Good job Ryan. This is a must get for me. Old tunes for old guys! Sign me up

Besides, it will be very interesting to hear the 5.1 mix of the title song and compare it to the demo 4.1 mix he did for Arista back in the DVD-A days. Will it be the same one?

I guess we'll have to wait until March to find out.
You're right definitely a GEEZER PLEASER.

I'll be in for this one as well though I'll do a little price-watch first. I'm not a big Al Stewart guy but always did like this album a lot, just seemed like it all came together for him on this one. Hoping the set will perhaps get me to reevaluate some other albums from his catalogue.

Back