Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat" (Remixed in 5.1 surround by Alan Parsons!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"On the Border" is a track that got some airplay, and is very likable upon a few listens. You might find that you end up liking that track as well as others on the album. It's a very accessible album, especially if you like the title track.
Quite familiar with that track Jon, but I'm just saying that having a surround mix of "Year Of The Cat" is my only interest at this point. I think it would go great with various, spacey-sounding hits such as "Dream Weaver", "Wildfire", and a few others of that era as a hypothetical disc (great thread idea, IMHO). I'm too far at the late end of my life to become a completist, methinks.

If anyone needs 15% off...code good until Thursday noon central time USA

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 5.39.54 PM.png

For any fence-sitters in the U.S...I finally decided to plunk down for this on Deep Discount with the code MARDIGRAS for 15% off...brought it below $50 with free shipping in the U.S...code is good through Thursday 2/18 I believe...pretty fair price methinks🤑
Link please, can’t find it, will cancel my order from Amazon Uk

For any fence-sitters in the U.S...I finally decided to plunk down for this on Deep Discount with the code MARDIGRAS for 15% off...brought it below $50 with free shipping in the U.S...code is good through Thursday 2/18 I believe...pretty fair price methinks🤑
Its sitting at ~$53 for me after the coupon (that damn sales tax), which is $5 less than it would be at ImportCDs. Still on the fence a bit and have a couple hours to decide... Thank you for letting me know about the code.

Its sitting at ~$53 for me after the coupon (that damn sales tax), which is $5 less than it would be at ImportCDs. Still on the fence a bit and have a couple hours to decide... Thank you for letting me know about the code.
What I do real often when buying these types of sets - where I only want the surround disc - is sell the rest of the discs, posters, post cards, stickers, whatever, on eBay or elsewhere and recoup most of my cost.

Jut a word of caution about ordering or attempting to cancel orders with Deep Discount: Yesterday morning I paced an order for what I thought was the complete SONS OF ANARCY series on blu ray discs. Well, it turned out to be the DVD set and within 10 minutes I contacted their service department via email to CANCEL the order, explaining in detail my error. Then this morning, I get a shipping notice that the order was SHIPPED. This is the THIRD time this has happened to me. Their service department is USELESS!!!!!!

I fired them back another email stating that I was going to cancel my credit card charge and demanded they send me a return receipt with prepaid postage.

If this had been Amazon, you can cancel an order with a mere click provided it's not already enroute...but in my experience with Deep Discount, they NEVER ship an order out that fast especially when they have their 15% off sales.

So BEWARE: Make sure your original order is correct and if you did order doubles of a disc from them and another vendor ... good luck in canceling THAT order with DD. They'll send it ANYWAY!

Jut a word of caution about ordering or attempting to cancel orders with Deep Discount: Yesterday morning I paced an order for what I thought was the complete SONS OF ANARCY series on blu ray discs. Well, it turned out to be the DVD set and within 10 minutes I contacted their service department via email to CANCEL the order, explaining in detail my error. Then this morning, I get a shipping notice that the order was SHIPPED. This is the THIRD time this has happened to me. Their service department is USELESS!!!!!!

I fired them back another email stating that I was going to cancel my credit card charge and demanded they send me a return receipt with prepaid postage.

If this had been Amazon, you can cancel an order with a mere click provided it's not already enroute...but in my experience with Deep Discount, they NEVER ship an order out that fast especially when they have their 15% off sales.

So BEWARE: Make sure your original order is correct and if you did order doubles of a disc from them and another vendor ... good luck in canceling THAT order with DD. They'll send it ANYWAY!
1st time I’ve ordered with them, didn’t realize they charge when you order even a pre-order. Well we’ll see how fast they ship it out once released and in what condition it arrives in. Depending on my results may be the 1st & last time I order from them

Back