Alan Parson’s “Ammonia Avenue” on Blu-Ray Audio Disc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems odd I guess. My order of this title was also ImportCD. I received confirmation email of shipment on April 2. In reality, it didn't physically ship on April 2. Label generated. Then it probably sat. (COVID-19)
April 4 - Departed Louisville, KY
April 4 - Arrived Pittsburg, PA
April 6 - Arrived St Louis, MO
April 7 - No info yet

Update...

April 7 - Out For Delivery! Yes! So, that's 2 copies of Ammonia :censored: and Jester....

Update...

April 7 - Out For Delivery! Yes! So, that's 2 copies of Ammonia :censored: and Jester....
At least you get a tracking number. Cherry Red doesn't even send an email to let you know it shipped. When you get tired of waiting you sent them a email of inquiry only to be told it went out on the 24th. Still waiting
First and Last with Cherry Red

At least you get a tracking number. Cherry Red doesn't even send an email to let you know it shipped. When you get tired of waiting you sent them a email of inquiry only to be told it went out on the 24th. Still waiting
Such a crazy wide variance of service! I've never done any biz with Cherry Red or Import CD. I did place my order for the stanad alone AA Blu-Ray from Deep Discount on Sunday, Mar 29th. Notice of shipment Apr 2. Recieved yesterday 6th. DD is usually pretty reliable & I chose the slowest cheapest way to ship.

Last edited:
Here's my exciting update for the day:
"April 7, 2020
In Transit, Arriving On Time
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered by the expected delivery date. It is currently in transit to the next facility. "

Same as like the last 5 days. Pretty sure they put it on a big rig, not on a plane. Probably the same truck that just dropped off Gene's!

I emailed CherryRed on April 2nd asking about my order. They got back to me today and all they said it was dispatched. They can confirm it was dispatched, but no date given. What is hilarious is that on the 2nd I sent a note to their ideas email suggesting a couple of albums to be mixed in 5.1. They got back to me that very day, thanking me for the suggestions and that they contacted Mark and he liked my suggestions. I find it odd. I figure it would be easier and quicker to confirm shipping rather then notifying me about my suggestions. And I still don't have my order.

I emailed CherryRed on April 2nd asking about my order. They got back to me today and all they said it was dispatched. They can confirm it was dispatched, but no date given. What is hilarious is that on the 2nd I sent a note to their ideas email suggesting a couple of albums to be mixed in 5.1. They got back to me that very day, thanking me for the suggestions and that they contacted Mark and he liked my suggestions. I find it odd. I figure it would be easier and quicker to confirm shipping rather then notifying me about my suggestions. And I still don't have my order.
Poor communication between customer service and the people actually fulfilling the orders.
Weak supervisor. Not following up on aging orders & notification. Failure to hold associates accountable for their actions.

Ordered the blu ray only version from Cherry Red on March 16, it just arrived. In the middle of my first listen - another awesome quad mix, beautiful fidelity. Never listened to this album before, and It's a lot of fun! Enjoying this very much.

Mine is lost. I purchased it with Amazon UK, forgot to cancel, and they sent it using untracked Royal Mail more than one week ago.
Surprisingly, when I contacted their support today, they directly refunded the money without making a single question and said that, if I eventually receive it, I can keep it.
When all this chaos is over, I may go for the deluxe edition, we'll see. For now we have just one salary at home (wife was temporarily laid off) and must be very cautious with the purchases.

Such a crazy wide variance of service! I've never done any biz with Cherry Red or Import CD. I did place my order for the stanad alone AA Blu-Ray from Deep Discount on Sunday, Mar 29th. Notice of shipment Apr 2. Received yesterday 6th. DD is usually pretty reliable & I chose the slowest cheapest way to ship.
Thanks Sonik Wiz for the info regarding your experiences with Deep Discount. I'm going to try dealing with them soon.
....update on my order. After emailing ImportCDs on Monday, I received a couple replies back.
1st- They told me to be advised that the order was paid for in advance with pay pal (...Ya' I already knew that)
2nd- They confirmed it was just shipped & I was given a tracking # (..that's good)

You know I'm actually not impatient per se & times are tough so I'll cut them some slack. But it's just that I already paid them 4 months ago & they've had my money for that long!
..I wonder how long it would have been till I got this had I NOT initiated contact? ...who knows but it's 'rather questionable' customer service!
More importantly, everybody stay safe out there....

Last edited:
Thanks Sonik Wiz for the info regarding your experiences with Deep Discount. I'm going to try dealing with them soon.
....update on my order. After emailing ImportCDs on Monday, I received a couple replies back.
1st- They told me to be advised that the order was paid for in advance with pay pal (...Ya' I already knew that)
2nd- They confirmed it was just shipped & I was given a tracking # (..that's good)

You know I'm actually not impatient per se & times are tough so I'll cut them some slack. But it's just that I already paid them 4 months ago & they've had my money for that long!
..I wonder how long it would have been till I got this had I NOT initiated contact? ...who knows but it's 'rather questionable' customer service!
More importantly, everybody stay safe out there....
I believe Deep Discount and Importcds are the same company.

Q6la6Ct.jpg

Yesterday.

Very very good mix

:LB :LB :LB

Regards,

Back