Alan Parson’s “Ammonia Avenue” on Blu-Ray Audio Disc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I'm a bit disappointed in this. I was all in on an I Robot deluxe box set, which I hoped would be next. Especially after he played the entire album when I saw him last year. Oh well. I'll probably pop for the stand alone disc, as I'm sure sonically it'll be worth it. But musically, this record never did much for me. But it's all good as long as he keeps 'em coming!

Last edited:
It's good to see Alan going back to do these remixes. One possible reason for not having started with I Robot is the availability of the original multi-tracks, so perhaps he's doing what he can with what is available at this time - just a suggestion.

Reissuing Stereotamy would be a quick and easy job. Although it was released (bar 1 track) in UHJ, with the decoded results being more than acceptable, by using the original B-Format master it would be possible to create the original four channel/ambisonically mixed master, which would be many times better than the UHJ release.

I pre~ordered the BD~A of Ammonia Avenue from Deep Discount and with their recent 15% off sale it was $12.67 plus of course TAX! Since I combined it with other titles I did qualify for free s/h.

ImportCD charges $2.99 s/h for the first disc plus local sales tax as well. Additional discs ship @ $1.49 each.

It's good to see Alan going back to do these remixes. One possible reason for not having started with I Robot is the availability of the original multi-tracks, so perhaps he's doing what he can with what is available at this time - just a suggestion.

Reissuing Stereotamy would be a quick and easy job. Although it was released (bar 1 track) in UHJ, with the decoded results being more than acceptable, by using the original B-Format master it would be possible to create the original four channel/ambisonically mixed master, which would be many times better than the UHJ release.
If I recall correctly, Richard Elan who provided the UHJ encoder told me that it was mixed encoded to 2 channel only.
The reason the one song is not encoded is that they started the mix sessions prior to him arriving with the equipment.

Back