Alan Parson’s “Ammonia Avenue” on Blu-Ray Audio Disc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I recall correctly, Richard Elan who provided the UHJ encoder told me that it was mixed encoded to 2 channel only.
The reason the one song is not encoded is that they started the mix sessions prior to him arriving with the equipment.

Well that does put it in a different light, doesn't it 😫

so tired of paying for LPs I don't want but got Tales big box for a great price,slept on Eye and will have to buy the box for that one so may as well go big here. Thanks for the link Gos.

Like pretty much everyone else, I wish he had done other titles first, but I’m not gonna complain too much. Every new 5.1 mix of an old album is welcome news in my book!

Very hard to follow a commercial smash such as Eye In The Sky, AA more or less replicate the same formula and that's where the problem lies - APP never did that before or after.
My complaint with EITS at the time it was released is that I thought it was just Turn of a Friendly Card Part II. :)

My complaint with EITS at the time it was released is that I thought it was just Turn of a Friendly Card Part II. :)

Interesting point of view. To me, Turn was more like the transitional album between two sets of twins as I've always considered Eve & Pyramid and Eye & Ammonia as the albums that seemed really cut from the same cloth. The songs Silence and I and Ammonia Avenue (both sung by The Zombies' Colin Blunstone) are really like part 1 & 2 of the same song. Eye & Ammonia also feature the similar long melodic Ian Bairnson guitar solos (which I've always loved). I also love Don't Answer Me which could have been written by Roy Orbison (imagine the song a little slower now if you will and with Roy's voice). Pure Pop bliss! :)

I for one was pleasantly surprised to hear that this was the upcoming 5.1 release and I'm thrilled to bits. I have to admit that Eve and Ammonia are my two favourite albums by the Project.

Last edited:
Interesting point of view. To me, Turn was more like the transitional album between two sets of twins as I've always considered Eve & Pyramid and Eye & Ammonia as the albums that seemed really cut from the same cloth. The songs Silence and I and Ammonia Avenue (both sung by The Zombies' Colin Blunstone) are really like part 1 & 2 of the same song. Eye & Ammonia also feature the similar long melodic Ian Bairnson guitar solos (which I've always loved). I also love Don't Answer Me which could have been written by Roy Orbison (imagine the song a little slower now if you will and with Roy's voice). Pure Pop bliss! :)

I for one was pleasantly surprised to hear that this was the upcoming 5.1 release and I'm thrilled to bits. I have to admit that Eve and Ammonia are my two favourite albums by the Project.

Simon,
I tend to agree with you on this. IMO, 'Turn of a friendly card' seemed to be a more stand alone LP.
Really, one of their best releases.
I thought 'I Robot' & 'Pyramid' had some similarities to each other also.

Thanks, only the box set $94.53 on Amazon US, hopefully the stand alone will show up soon, all the others have, but ordering from Amazon UK is painless, just have to wait a bit.
Importcds had the stand alone Blu Ray at a great price. $15 approx. pre-ordered.
Now, after seeing the interview with Woolfsons' daughter, I wonder what's all in the boxed-set.

Back