Alan Parson’s “Ammonia Avenue” on Blu-Ray Audio Disc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Robot is waaaaaay overdue!!!
I'm in! If it's Alan Parsons then I am buying. Love the standalone BR coming out at the same time too. There is only one downside to this release and that is that Pyramids isn't next. At least I am one more closer to getting all my fave Parsons in hi-rez BR! As long as as the pipeline remains open I have high hopes for more to come. Colour me :SB.
Ha ha- Pipeline is one of my fav tracks on this one :p

Wow, great news. IMO, this was the next to the last of the great to very good APP releases. There are many good songs on this....
I always liked the song 'Dancing On A High Wire'.
I wonder too if this will only be available at Esoteric/ Cherry Red....It's early, we'll see.

Last edited:
That's a surprise. I wonder how he chose Ammonia Avenue over the others? Its not a favorite Parsons release in pretty much anybody's book AFAIK, its not any anniversary either.... hmmmm

My guess is that Esoteric and Cherry Red were trying to get the box set and Blu-Ray released this year for the album's 35th anniversary but they ran out of time.

Superb news, really surprising considering the total lack of any initial hype towards this release. AA is really underrated and overshadowed by his more popular releases. Being the follow up to Eye its easy to judge AA as being a bit similar in construction, but it really nice tracks in there. Seeing the QQ FB post this morning really made my day. Tq AP & Cherry Red Records for having the balls to release this.

Soon = 4 months? :LOL:
Anyway, good news. Would had preferred Turn.

I had been thinking that Arista & Legacy would put out a 40th anniversary box set for "Turn of a Friendly Card" in November 2020, and I still think that will happen, but now I think it's gonna be Esoteric & Cherry Red that will do the honors, and really, Esoteric & Cherry Red are the BEST reissue label for the Alan Parsons Project and their catalogue. They are very good at putting together superb reissues for overlooked and under-appreciated albums, and they definitely care about 5.1 surround too!
Just look at the recent Be-Bop Deluxe box sets for examples of quality reissues.
Plus it looks like they are letting Alan Parsons and the Woolfson estate continue to utilize the same release configurations, so this definitely appears to be a big win for everyone involved.

Now we just need everyone on here to buy the Blu-Ray! (Or box set)

:)

Back